Sign in to follow this  
modgeo

WM9

modgeo

Is WM9 the best rolex rep? i'm looking for something for swiming and diving.

solkryssare

Lots of Rollie reps you can swim and dive with. But if you are asking, who's got the best Sub, then WM9 is your answer.

modgeo

I've already a 116710 (i really like this model) that i can wear in my bath, but i'm afraid to go to swim with it... Furthemore i started to see it's defect (the date don't stay exactly front of the window, it move a little bit when you move or knock your arm)

That's why i want to give priority to quality instead of fantasy...

modgeo

you said that there is lots of Rollie reps you can swim and dive with, do you have an example??

solkryssare

Actually most subs you'll find can be water proofed. I wouldn't trust any rep in the world being water proof without greasing all gaskets and make sure case back is locked down tight. Crystal seated properly and crown equipped with proper O rings.

modgeo

Right... Then now i have to find somebody in Paris capable to do that...

You seems to be really well inform about Rollies?!

Bato

Not sure about Paris :)

But most trusted dealers offer waterproofing on their Rolex and it will tell you if that particular watch is good to go. Remember it is recommended that you don't go swimming with your rep, but some high quality divers will allow you to do this with no problem. Also all Trusted Dealers ship to Paris, so you don't have to worry about that.

And finally you will hear this a lot during you research, get with this man:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...p?showforum=158

BK will fulfill all your ROLEX needs and hands down the best ROLEX rep dealer out there, if you are patient ;)

Eiderdaus

contact our mate wiz. he is a french guy, you can go to the french corner as well

nighty

Not sure if it helps, but I bought a Submariner Ceramic Blue, was said to be waterproof to 30m, Im using it to wash hands, shower (hot),

wash the watch and it doesnt leak and works like a charm. I will swim this summer with them, and even try apnea as some depth (shallow).

Some members also have the same experiences about it and put all their reps in water (at least those where the genuine is

supposed to be waterproof) with no issues.

A small note though on chronographs, since pushers might not be waterproofed.

You can also find a small jeweler in paris (family business, etc) and ask for a waterproof "test" (not waterproofing the watch, just

testing it) if you want to be sure.

Personally I would try to find a dealer that is not an authorized dealer for the brand you are trying to test the rep for, and tell him

straight something like : "someone gave me this as a present, I suspect its a replica, but it works well, I would like to test its waterproofness" .. you would usually end up with something either not waterproof, or water proof to 10 to 50 m.

*cheers*

jcagara

uhm newbie here

WM9 stands for?

is this a name of a trusted AD here at RWG? :clap:

Member X

WatchMaker9

Previously maker of some of the best reps in the business but took $$$$$ of deposits for a Rolex SD rep that was being developed and then disappeared off the face of the earth, despite having plenty of regular business and a good reputation...

modgeo

Hum...Ok.

So now, what's the best way to order this kind of watch??

Member X

You can't order a WM9!

BKLM1234 (BK for short) used to be the boards' seller of them - he'd offer improvements to them (like datewheel swaps etc) and then you'd buy from him.

He is now offering 'noobfactory' watches because WM9 is no longer trading.

If you really must have a WM9 then you will have to buy secondhand, but they go almost instantly and are fetching a LOT of money because they are rare.

rob6

Hm but what's the difference between a WM9 and a noobfactory replica?

Member X

Watches (or any similar products) from different factories will have their differences. I'm not completely up to speed on the differences between WM9 and Noobfactory, the best thing you could do is to do some research and find some pictures of both to compare. RWGforum is BK's main haunt so there will be most pictures and reviews on there.

The usual view is that WM9 is better than noobfactory, and the WM9 Yachtmaster is generally considered as being as close to gen as you can get (although still with some flaws), but you'll have to be patient, watch the forums sales sections like a hawk, and prepared to splash the cash if you want a secondhand WM9!

:daffy: