Diluted

Help! Harrod's Tudor BB assistance needed.

Diluted

So, I found someone selling the case, bracelet, hands, and dial for what I assumed was a ZF Harrod's Tudor BB. I assumed (I know!) that it was missing a 2824 movement because I was pretty sure that's all they came with, HOWEVER, when I put the 2824-2 I got under the dial, the cannon pinion and hour wheel do not protrude above the dial face at all. I looked into height adjustment kits, but ALSO discovered that the hands (which include the green-tipped second hand) or at the very least the hour hand, is too big for the hour wheel on the stock 2824-2. I thought the ZF Harrod's BB only came with a 2824-2, so I am confused. The dial feet (or the single foot and the place where the other foot _would_ be DO fit the 2824-2.

SO, how do I figure out what kind of movement these hands belong to? Finding a set of 2824-2 _Harrods_ hands might be hard/expensive.

Advice? Should I just send the case, dial, and hands to one of the talented watchsmiths from here and have them put it together? I can assemble a watch, and have the tools, but I dont have micrometers, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Bill_C

Hmmm... ZF do only use the 2824 movement, but other factories use both the Miyota 8215 and Seiko NH35. I am assuming it did not come with a movement at all which is why you are guessing it needs a 2824 movement. Is that correct?

I don't know how to explain the fact that the dial feet appear to line up on the 2824 though, as that would not be the case if the dial was for either of the other movements. That said, it is missing a foot sooo... maybe it is not a perfect fit after all?
Are you sure the movement fits the case? Have you tried removing the dial spacer and fitting it to the movement? If all you need is an hour hand (you are sure the second hand fits?), order a set of hands from tiger concepts and use the green tipped seconds hand you have.

I suspect that you have an A8F version. If that is the case you need an NH35 instead.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Diluted

It did not come with a movement. The back has the right engravings, etc., did the a8f? (I can look that up) I will check out the NH35 hand sizes. Thank you!

It looks like the hour hand on the NH35A and the 2824-2 are both 1.5mm, so now i am more confused. Maybe the hands I got were not from the original set? I am thinking about taking this mess to a watchmaker.

The cannon pinion fits the minute hand, and the second hand seems to fit the center pinion, so maybe i just need to source a decent hour hand for a 2824-2. This is an H3 height movement so I am thinking maybe I need to swap the hour wheel and the cannon pinion for a higher one? sigh.