robsterwebb

Omega SMP 300m Bezel Question

robsterwebb

Good afternoon,

Rightly or wrongly (don't judge me) I got an Omega SMP300m from the Gate, it's not to bad to be fair, however the top of the bezel insert is not lining up with the 'point' on the bezel.

I suspect it's a pretty common issue with these cheapies, so I was just wondering how difficult it is to remove the bezel insert and line it up?

Many Thanks

rikracy

Heat insert with hair dryer...helps loosen glue.

Run a craft knife around the edge and carefully lift with the blade.

Works for me!

tribefan
10 minutes ago, robsterwebb said:

Good afternoon,

Rightly or wrongly (don't judge me) I got an Omega SMP300m from the Gate, it's not to bad to be fair, however the top of the bezel insert is not lining up with the 'point' on the bezel.

I suspect it's a pretty common issue with these cheapies, so I was just wondering how difficult it is to remove the bezel insert and line it up?

Many Thanks

Pretty easy, I hit it with a heat gun and not for long, pried it up with a razor blade and hypo-glued it back in place. Just need to be patient with the razor blade, especially if it's a metal insert.

The problem I had was trying to put a replacement ceramic bezel on it. The color was way off. The bezel color was right, but the rest of the watch isn't and it looked way out of place.

robsterwebb

Cheers all, I'll give that a go :-)

• Like 1