Alan32

Reseting a chronograph after battery change Baume et Mercier

Alan32

I have changed the battery on  this Formula S and now the chronograph centre second and minute hands run constantly The movement is plain on the back and does not have any indication about "shorting" the battery

Margaux, the very attractive sounding French lady at Baume  informed me that my watch is vintage and will cost £675 to service:balls:  but has said she will forward a manual for the watch but I've been promised that before.

Does anyone now any way of resetting this type of movement?

ZskJTo.jpg ZskV0J.jpg

Any help would be welcome:D

Peter Sta

If you’ve already tried this....

ZswZNS.jpg

then dunno

Alan32
5 hours ago, deju said:

It's looking like an ETA 251.263.....

eta-caliber-251-262-reset-chronograph-to

this is the 262 which I think only differs by DW window location? https://calibercorner.com/eta-caliber-251-262/

Thanks for the steer but the problem is I can't STOP the chrono hands so I think there is either someway of "earthing" the battery to the case or mine is just screwed:angry:

Alan32
5 hours ago, Peter Sta said:

If you’ve already tried this....

ZswZNS.jpg

then dunno

Yes but its like sticking objects in holes you need to know the right one or you could be up :D

Scheiße Straße without a paddle

deju
34 minutes ago, Alan32 said:

Thanks for the steer but the problem is I can't STOP the chrono hands so I think there is either someway of "earthing" the battery to the case or mine is just screwed:angry:

If you can confirm the movement just swap it out, if it’s the one I said they are under £150 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETA-251-262-Movement-Horizontal-date-disc-/224400195801?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Alan32
58 minutes ago, deju said:

If you can confirm the movement just swap it out, if it’s the one I said they are under £150 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETA-251-262-Movement-Horizontal-date-disc-/224400195801?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Thanks for that, "Watched" them

Unfortunately I bought two G-shocks and the mod kits for metal bezel/bracelets, a Bulova lunar pilot and a "Devil " diver and  have accepted  Certina's offer of replacing the titanium chrono  I sent for servicing for a new watch for £155 this month so the piggy bank for toys is pretty empty at the moment:D

Zs7421.jpg

Alan32

The replacement for the above watch

Zs7su4.jpg

• Like 1

Glaude
8 minutes ago, Alan32 said:

The replacement for the above watch

That's very nice !

Alan32
18 minutes ago, Glaude said:

That's very nice !

This is the second time a watch in for service  has been swapped with a new one for the price of the service , the first was a Seiko and now a Certina! I sent it to the service centre and they said they couldn't do it as it was obsolete but sent me a catalog with any quartz for £100/ Auto for £150 /Quartz chrono £155  and the MSRP on the Certina  DS flyback Chrono  is £700!!!!!!

I'm now looking around for cheap old watches to send for "service":D

PS If I new how to upload a PDF I'd show the "loyalty cataloge"

• Like 1

Glaude
2 minutes ago, Alan32 said:

PS If I new how to upload a PDF I'd show the "loyalty cataloge"

You need a file hosting service, shoot me a PM and I'll make it happen here for you

Alan32
12 hours ago, Glaude said:

Thanks @Glaude 

For any one interested this is the Certina  catalogue that they give to choose from if your watch sent for service is "obsolete" prices are £100 for quartz £150 for Autos and £155 for Chronographs,

so dig around in your drawers for old Certinas!:D