alilondon

Best place to test waterproof in London UK?

alilondon

Any ideas or recommendations?

GingerApple

All the Timpsons have a pressure tester in store. I asked at one once to see how much it cost to pressure test and the chap starting talking about changing the battery and quoting prices to me. When I explained it was a mechanical watch that was working fine, I just wanted to make sure it was still waterproof he said he'd test it for free, saying it wouldn't cost him anything, the machine was right there etc - so if you get chatting to a friendly owner, you might get it done for free. I'm not sure to what pressure they test however.

• Like 1

Jibuti
5 hours ago, alilondon said:

Any ideas or recommendations?

Thames. Bottom of it.

• Like 3

alilondon
1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

All the Timpsons have a pressure tester in store. I asked at one once to see how much it cost to pressure test and the chap starting talking about changing the battery and quoting prices to me. When I explained it was a mechanical watch that was working fine, I just wanted to make sure it was still waterproof he said he'd test it for free, saying it wouldn't cost him anything, the machine was right there etc - so if you get chatting to a friendly owner, you might get it done for free. I'm not sure to what pressure they test however.

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

Thames. Bottom of it.

Thanks helpful...

Jibuti
9 minutes ago, alilondon said:

Thanks!

Thanks helpful...

alilondon

Haha.

Rozza72

Pressure test / waterproof tester isnt that hard to build i made one after seeing a YouTube vid on how to do it, cost about £50ish and i use it for all my modding watch builds or to test after having the back off to check or change seals

jLE7AK.jpg

Rozza72

jLN3kE.jpg

Philiusmaximus

https://www.thewatchlab.co.uk/our-labs/london/

All watch labs offer free pressure testing.

I wouldn't take anything other than a Franken or very convincing rep personally just in case the bloke is a jobsworth.

whitegold79
https://www.thewatchlab.co.uk/our-labs/london/
All watch labs offer free pressure testing.
I wouldn't take anything other than a Franken or very convincing rep personally just in case the bloke is a jobsworth.
Had my H-Fac 243 tested at their Lakeside branch a couple of days ago.

Sent from my SM-G9910 using Tapatalk

Philiusmaximus
46 minutes ago, whitegold79 said:

Had my H-Fac 243 tested at their Lakeside branch a couple of days ago.

Did it pass?

whitegold79
Did it pass?
I've got 2 of them. The L (Lume) Dial failed even 50m at a test elsewhere. The T (Tritium) Dial passed at The Watch Lab.

GenTLe
9 hours ago, Rozza72 said:

Pressure test / waterproof tester isnt that hard to build i made one after seeing a YouTube vid on how to do it, cost about £50ish and i use it for all my modding watch builds or to test after having the back off to check or change seals

jLE7AK.jpg

For 70£ you can have one now too: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003126243319.html

• Like 1

Rozza72
2 hours ago, GenTLe said:

For 70£ you can have one now too: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003126243319.html

Ahh but it only goes to 6ATM, where as mine ive had up to  13ATM before I got scared :beer:

• Like 1

Rozza72
On 27/08/2021 at 11:27, GenTLe said:

My next iteration submerged tester will be up-to 25ATM because…why the hell not! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Redfire1066

@Rozza72     ..  Or you could buy one of these  . . . almost giving them away at those prices . ..  lol  :giggle:  ... prices are in CHF-Swiss francs and it is a 2012 price list . . :blink:

jU854F.jpg

jU8Ugt.jpg

Rozza72
11 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:

@Rozza72     ..  Or you could buy one of these  . . . almost giving them away at those prices . ..  lol  :giggle:  ... prices are in CHF-Swiss francs and it is a 2012 price list . . :blink:

jU854F.jpg

jU8Ugt.jpg

Lol Yer! I like the Lititz diver 125 too but at $3k I’ll have to continue to ‘like’ it :bugeyes:

only thing with the Lititz is the pressure is increased just by turning a dial, so i assume its some sort of hydraulic thing going on inside…or gerbils :hamsterwheel: 

• Like 1

Redfire1066

@Rozza72     ..  free pressure testing onboard  . ..   . .. on occasion for laughs I have been know to drop a watch over the ship's side attached to a weighted line  . ...    . ..  not lost one yet and always came back intact with no ingress of water ..  :thumbsup2:

jU8yKD.jpg

jU811k.jpg

• Like 1

BravoDelta
37 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:

@Rozza72     ..  free pressure testing onboard  . ..   . .. on occasion for laughs I have been know to drop a watch over the ship's side attached to a weighted line  . ...    . ..  not lost one yet and always came back intact with no ingress of water ..  :thumbsup2:

jU8yKD.jpg

So we could cast my Sea-Dweller overboard and test that claimed 1220m of waterproofing. :D

• Like 1

Redfire1066

@BravoDelta  Aye, indeed. .  we just have to be sure we haul is back onboard before the thrusters and prop start up again. . ..  or a big fish has it for a snack  . . . ..  lol :shark:

Edited by Redfire1066

Abe Fromen

Just a note... always best to pressure test the case WITHOUT the movement, dial and hands inside because if it fails, well... you're fooked your movement, dial and hands. 

• Like 1

Redfire1066

..   . .  where is the adventure in that .. lol?  :seclark: :decapcheer::trailboss::rideemcowboy::titanic:  :shark:  .. . ..  of course you are correct Sir .. :pirate:

Edited by Redfire1066

Rozza72
1 hour ago, Redfire1066 said:

lucky sod! On both counts.

im limited by the fact A/ im in-land B/ i have no boat and C/ I’m somewhat economically embarrassed as you might say :cry:

adapt and overcome!!!

Redfire1066
3 minutes ago, Rozza72 said:

lucky sod! On both counts.

im limited by the fact A/ im in-land B/ i have no boat and C/ I’m somewhat economically embarrassed as you might say :cry:

adapt and overcome!!!

@Rozza72 . .. ... all you need is enough for today and tomorrow . ..   . . . . . . at times in our lives most of us encounter a series of  rollercoaster rides of pitfalls and prosperity . . :Thinking: . .   we move forward with hope  ... :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

BravoDelta
1 hour ago, Redfire1066 said:

big fish has it for a snack  . . . ..  lol :shark:

:lmao:

• Like 1