Mr Ed

Date not advancing repair

Mr Ed

Hi All,  I bought the following watch just over a year ago from Andrew at Trusty Time. I don't wear it very often and it always kept safe in it's box but decided to wear it today. I tried to advance the date. It went from 31 to 1 okay but wouldn't advance any further.   The date will now only advance by rotating the hour hand on the 2nd pull out but on the first pull position it won't advance. Seems quite smooth anti-clockwise but no movement. Tried clockwise gently, too much resistance so didn't proceed, The date is now also offset up by 1mm or so. Does anyone have any advice please? Is this a common issue? Easily corrected? Buggered? Cheers....

Noob Factory DeepSea Dweller Black Ref.116660 V7 Edition

MOVEMENT: Gold Plated Asia 2836-2 Movement with 28,800bph
CASE DIAMETER: 43mm
THICKNESS: 17.5mm
DIAL COLOR: Blue Faded to Black Dial with Round markers (With Swiss Grade Superlume in Blue Applied)
CASE MATERIAL: 
Solid Stainless Steel 316F
BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel 316F with Flip Lock Deployant Buckle
FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal (Same thickness as Genuine) - Etched crown at 6:00 position
CASE BACK: Solid case back with detailed engraving (2 pieces caseback like Genuine)
BEZEL: 
Uni-directional Black Ceramic Diver Bezel, Anti-Clockwise
HACK MOVEMENT: Yes
CLASP TYPE: Deployant Buckle
DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position (Adjusted via the crown)

fatarms

Sounds like a keyless rebuild... unless you advanced the date while the date change mechanism was engaged.  NEVER advance the date with the hour hand anywhere between 9 and 3.  I always set my watch to 5:30ish before changing the date. 

• Like 2

Mr Ed

Hey fatarms, I just rotated the hour hand back to  5:30  and the date is now advancing without issue. Couldn't tell you where it was when I had the issue but must have been between 9  and 3.  Thanks for the information fatarms, never to be forgotton. Life saver. Cheers mate. Hopefully I haven't done too much damage; it seem fine now.

fatarms
5 minutes ago, Mr Ed said:

Hey fatarms, I just rotated the hour hand back to  5:30  and the date is now advancing without issue. Couldn't tell you where it was when I had the issue but must have been between 9  and 3.  Thanks for the information fatarms, never to be forgotton. Life saver. Cheers mate. Hopefully I haven't done too much damage; it seem fine now.

Good to hear.  Hopefully no gear teeth chipped off.

That is a rule to follow for any watch, rep or gen.  The date change mechanism (at midnight)  can start engaging the date wheel as early as 9pm and may not release until after 3am.  If you set the watch to around 6, it doesn't matter if it's AM or PM.  it shouldn't be engaged at all at either 6am/pm.

• Like 1