Sign in to follow this  
Ray

Strange problem!

Ray

Hi all , I got my first rep from Mary approximately 2 months ago, all was well up to a few days ago when I first noticed my Brietling B01 with a 7750 movement

had lost 11 minutes, having reset the time all went well for nearly a full day when it happened again and I realised it was around the same time i.e. 11.30 pm

So tonight I have checked the watch every 10 minutes from 10pm and found all was well up to approximately 10.40pm after that 11 minutes were lost between 10.40pm and 10.55pm.

The small second hand was going around perfectly but under a loop I could see the main minute hand wasn’t moving but would then move for a little but very slowly, when the time got to 10.55pm

All went normal.

It has taken some time to complete this post but I wanted to keep checking if things would alter again. It has now been over 1 1/2 Hours since things went back to normal running and can confirm

That the watch has not lost any more time, still 11 mins slow!

Any thoughts to what may be wrong or if I should contact Mary would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Ray

flottiglia

It sounds like the cannon pinion is slipping,from the time slot you mention it could be slipping as its getting to the point where date changeover occurs.Theres a bit more inertia required at this point and if the cannon pinion is marginal thats when it slips.

Its not something you can fix yourself unless you are used to repairing watches.After 2 months i would looking to contact Mary and see what she suggests.

Ray

Thanks for the info Flottiglia, as I know nothing about the internal workings of watches I will contact Mary as suggested.

flottiglia
Thanks for the info Flottiglia, as I know nothing about the internal workings of watches I will contact Mary as suggested.

No problem Ray,hope you get it sorted !

The pinion will just need nipping up a bit but its a dial and hands off job.

Ray

Flotiglia, message sent to Mary at 11.30am today re fault, hoping for a faverable reply although short of me returning the watch I can't see a solution!

I'm certainly not upto stripping the watch down.