Sign in to follow this  
baruch

change ceramic bezel

baruch

Gents!!!

I have a problem, I need to change mine ceramic bezel fof mine rolex dssd, but HOW DO I DO THAT????

I hope you can help me :D because I love mine watch.

Greets,

B

Member X

Do you have the replacement bezel?

If not, contact the dealer you bought the watch from - they should be able to get you a replacement bezel :D

After that, I think there is a guide on here for changing it! B)

baruch
Do you have the replacement bezel?

If not, contact the dealer you bought the watch from - they should be able to get you a replacement bezel B)

After that, I think there is a guide on here for changing it! :pollox:

HAHAAHAH member x thankyou for replying.

I only have one watch to wear :D yes the bezel is coming :) so can you help me with this?

I hope you can thanks again :)

Gr

B

Member X

I have not tried it myself! B)

One of the modders on here should be able to help you when they see this thread :beer2:

Maybe mikemcnair, Brightlight, Rolexaddict... :)

Silverspeed

Do you need the insert changed or the bezel?

The DSSD bezel is very hard to remove, the insert is a lot easier to replace

place a sharp and thin knife under the insert at the crystal side, and slowly cut your

way under the insert. it might help to heat up the insert with a hairdryer to activate the glue.

tissotman

I would like to change the bezel on my deep sea as well but where can i get the correct bezel from with correct triangle at the top and correct 10 ?

ThinkBachs

It's easy! In fact, I just did one this morning. Take a towel and place your watch on top. Put some pressure on the side of the pearl and pop it off. Take a hair dyer on heat, low wind, and warm that sucker up. Don't use a heat gun, you will make your RING LOCK paint disappear! Warm the insert up good and warm, then use a nice thick safety pin through the hole where the pearl was and GENTLY pull up, warm again just to be safe, and it'll come out no problem. You'll want to pull up using the pin with the point going towards the thickest part of the insert. They're fragile and can crack easily if you try applying pressure at the top or bottom of the hole.

Put the pearl back in and glue from behind only to replace it.

Easy-Peasy. :D

baruch

WOEHOEE I willd definetely pm these guys.

Thankyou very much :clap:

baruch
Do you need the insert changed or the bezel?

The DSSD bezel is very hard to remove, the insert is a lot easier to replace

place a sharp and thin knife under the insert at the crystal side, and slowly cut your

way under the insert. it might help to heat up the insert with a hairdryer to activate the glue.

Yes definetely the insert of the watch, thankyou very much silverspeed!!!!!!!!!!

baruch
It's easy! In fact, I just did one this morning. Take a towel and place your watch on top. Put some pressure on the side of the pearl and pop it off. Take a hair dyer on heat, low wind, and warm that sucker up. Don't use a heat gun, you will make your RING LOCK paint disappear! Warm the insert up good and warm, then use a nice thick safety pin through the hole where the pearl was and GENTLY pull up, warm again just to be safe, and it'll come out no problem. You'll want to pull up using the pin with the point going towards the thickest part of the insert. They're fragile and can crack easily if you try applying pressure at the top or bottom of the hole.

Easy-Peasy. :clap:

Oke oke I will trye this and hope it will work :wish me good luck :)

baruch
I would like to change the bezel on my deep sea as well but where can i get the correct bezel from with correct triangle at the top and correct 10 ?

from mary, watchinternational.

MikeMcNair

remove movement (easy)

put in glass of HOT water for 5 min (easy)

pry up insert from crystal side as others have said (easy)

put on new bezel insert assuring it is lined up correct;y (easy)

rejoice and drink a beer :D

Donnie

Easy-Peasy. :asslick:

What type of glue is used for this?

MikeMcNair

GS-Hypocement is what I use for ceramic bezel inserts.

KeNnY

+1

vexorg

are the inserts a common size? i would like to get a couple and franken up a watch or two :)

Donnie

Thanks!

Luthier

Soldering iron works much better on ceramic inserts, that hair gun. You can apply heat on insert only.

MikeMcNair
Soldering iron works much better on ceramic inserts, that hair gun. You can apply heat on insert only.

Actually George, that's a good idea, but ceramic can burn if not careful.

I suggest laying case in a cup of hot water for a minute or five, then pressing out the crystal, and using a razor for the bezel insert.

Works well, is fast enough, and frankly, is EASY!