Sign in to follow this  
Money13

Pam size?

Money13

I have purchased a few reps from the trusted dealers on this site. I have not purchased a Pam. The more I look at the pam's, the more I feel I need one. Can anyone tell me if the 44mm Pams wear "big" for an average 44mm watch. The pics I see on here of the pams seem to wear much "larger" on the wrist than other watches of the same size. Thanks for helping out a noob.

Member X

The 44mm PAMS are quite deep compared to a usual-sized Rolex, for example, but they're definitely not that big once you're used to them :clap:

I'm not sure I'd recommend wearing one with a double-cuff shirt, but apart from that they're fine! :)

If you're not sure if you'd like it, either get a cheap homage from ebay / jackson tse / getat, or splash a bit more cash to get one of the new Hublot (H-) Factory PAMs (111M/177M v2/219/318/005K, safe in the knowledge you can sell it on for only a small loss!

mulder

The 44mm Pam wears well on nearly every wrist and doesnt look big or stand out like a 47 or 500mm watch. If you dont like the 44mm then Reg has 40mm for sale in his section.

I like the size of my PAM 111 44mm. I dont have large wrists but I can carry off a 50mm without a problem. The 44mm is a perfect size on my wrist.

Money13

Thanks for the info. This site is awesome, yet it could also ruin my life.

Member X

Yep! :D

level z

Unless u have wrist like a chop stick .. Mine is 6.3" and I cant stand anything less than 44 mm ... Lol

H4F

Well, surely it depends a little on your wrist - the rest is just a question of habit.

I had a 40mm divers watch for twenty years on my 7,4" wrist and thought a little

bigger would not be a fault. Then I had a gen Avenger and was shocked. I never

felt well with that fat one. So I sold it. After a couples of years without any watch

I got infected by pam-virus, especially I´ve been faszinated by the 1950s case design.

So I decided to buy a rep before I spend money for a gen. I just bought a PAM 320

(which I just sold because of the GMT-function that doesn´t work like the gen) and

bought a 312 instead. From my point of view I will never wear a smaller watch again.

But it took a while until I accepted such big timepiece on my wrist. It is just a question

of habit. If you are unsure, begin with a radiomir. It´s look is a little more gentle,

because of it´s lower hight. Alternatively try a Luminor. And the 1950s are those which

wear biggest. That´s my 2 cents.

Kind regards,

H4F

Edited by H4F

greg_r

Oh hell, X - I wear my Fiddy with a double-cuff shirt regularly. No problems at all.

Honestly, I don't think the regular 44mm and 47mm PAMs really wear that big. My AP ROO (44mm) feels bigger than either imho and even something like a DSSD feels a tad bulkier than a 44mm PAM.

Provided you've not got wrists like twiglets, you should be fine :)