Hey

Since I am a noob 

And I didn't find a lot of comparison threads between cheaper subs 

Something a beginner was looking for 

I thought of creating a thread , maybe a beginner would find handy 

Just as me I'm guessing most beginners would be confused about so many choices 

I did read up on forums and read comparison by a TD

However many are comparisons that are over a beginner's budget 

After some ground work I did realise that there are mainly three pricepoints that a beginner can consider 

200$- 220%

This is. BP fact sub with a 3135 movement 

Yes there actually does exisit a version with this movement priced at entry level !

I was surprised too 

250$

This would be something like a N factory v8S version with a gold 2836 movement and 316 ss bracelet ( n factory might be bit difficult right now but I belive there are other fact options )

290$

This would be something like a v10 from N factory or clear factory of maybe zzf factory 

With gold 2836 movement 

Most TDs can get either version if requested

After that ofcourse it's now your choice to decide the most vfm 

Personally for me I am yet deciding 

And I don't think there is any thread that actually deals out comparisons between these more eco versions 

I'm guessing since movements cost hardly differ by a few $ ( not referring to swiss ETA)

There must be small differences in the details of the dials 

( As a beginner I'm.not able to tell from pictures )

And I'm sure you may not be able to make out from a 2 foot distance too( do correct me )

So which sub is best

Well that will always be ........

Most begginners ( at least myself) 

Would look most importantly for a long lasting movement 

On some old buys I realised that the 2813 is a toss, I have had experience that sometimes a 250$ watch movement from even a TD conks of and a cheaper 100$ watch movement fro.dhgate survies 

I do understand that this will probably always be a toss ( do correct me if I'm wrong )

I do have a personal question 

Maybe the forum regulars can help ?

Is the 2836 also a toss up 

Is 3135 also a toss up 

Maybe that answer could help tip the scales and help me desicde 

Or if a forum regular actually has compared these cheaper versions could help out a beginner 

p.s

Just for beginners who are even on a smaller budget d gate maybe be a good option with 150$ versions maybe even 100$

These would mainly sport a 2813 movement though 

Bbsee

Hi and welcome to the hobby.

I'm not an expert by a long-shot, but it is well known that the Asian ETA clones (2824 OR 2836) movements are reliable and cheap to replace. Just off the bat, for me personally, I would prefer to go with a 2824 or 2836 movement where possible - especially on a watch such as a Submariner (since you can't see the movement with the likes of a see-through case back) - nobody would know it isn't a gen Rolex movement.

At present and to my knowledge, it is very difficult to source spare parts for  Rolex clone movements such as the 3135 - therefore, since these are known to be less reliable, if it goes bust, you'd be needing to buy an entire new clone 3135 movement (which could cost around $200 in itself).

The clone Rolex movements are generally more beneficial for those who wish to mod the higher end reps (costing around $450-500, such as from ARF factory) with genuine dials/hands/movement parts etc.

Since your budget is around 200, I would much prefer to go for the below Noob 2836 movement - I understand it that Noob has historically been known to be better at producing Subs than BP and it's a 2824 movement rather than a clone Rolex one.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=20970

Just my understanding, others might have more up to date information :)

Ps - I beleive there are different qualities and varients of the Rolex clone movements (such as 3135). It might be that a higher end rep with a Rolex clone movement might keep working for a long time, whereas the cheaper end reps with a movement labelled with the same name, may not last as long.