Sign in to follow this  
Chiquita Fanjita

Looking for someone to diagnose/repair DSSD

Chiquita Fanjita

As some of you may have read I've got a problem with my DSSD (http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...howtopic=16211)

As I've not really had use of the watch I am eager to get it working and looking for someone in the UK who would be willing to repair it.

I know Ron (Brightlight) is the man, but unfortunately he is busy with his other work, so if anyone can help or recommend anyone trusted to the forum it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chiquita Fanjita

Nobody?

nunu78
Nobody?

Try to Ask SKA ,he is also very busy but worth asking.

Chiquita Fanjita
Try to Ask SKA ,he is also very busy but worth asking.

Cheers mate, I PM'd him yesterday but not heard back yet. Like you say hopefully he's just busy and reply soon :)

Amit

basically it's stopped working right???

if you shake it can you hear anything loose?

Chiquita Fanjita

Nope, nothing sounds loose. There's no noise from it at all when you shake it.

Del

I'd open it up and see if there's anything obvious. Check that the rotor spins freely, no loose screws or dirt - you never know, it could be that simple.

Member X
As some of you may have read I've got a problem with my DSSD (http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...howtopic=16211)

As I've not really had use of the watch I am eager to get it working and looking for someone in the UK who would be willing to repair it.

I know Ron (Brightlight) is the man, but unfortunately he is busy with his other work, so if anyone can help or recommend anyone trusted to the forum it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Link fixed :lol:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=16211

Chiquita Fanjita

Just gave the watch a good shake to see if I could hear anything rattle inside, but it is all quiet. However, it started to work and the second hand ran for about 10 seconds before stopping again. Tried shaking it again but no more movement. Pulled the winder out to see if it has dispersed any of it's charge and the winder is solid so didn't force it. Was going to take the back off, but don't really know what I'm doing or what I'm looking for.

Anyone that can help or offer suggestions would be appreciated.

guitarbiker

I would take the caseback off.......... the last dssd i purchased was the same but all that was wrong was the factory had unseated the rubber o ring when they put the watch together thus stopping the rotor from spinning freely! simple fix , could be the problem if your lucky.....

MikeMcNair

where do you live sir?

Chiquita Fanjita

Will try take the back off for a look, although not sure what I'm looking for. Take it the back of the DSSD screws off?

where do you live sir?

I'm in Scotland buddy. Remember I was asking you about importing VW parts :thumbsup:

Edited by Aston