Sign in to follow this  
nighty

Help on cleaning behing CG on asian21j

nighty

Hello,

I have had two watches (cheap asian 21 jewels), rolex, which ended up with a "big chunk of dust" (not like one you only see with a magnifier, the one you wonder

how a stick found its way in, or if they assemble it in a wood factory) like .. bigger than a minute index ....

So I would like, as I am sure this is not really a detail you complain about when getting a replica, especially at that price, to do by myself the following :

> remove case back

> remove the movement

> clean with a dust blower

> replace the movement

> close the case back

As i never did that, I will take any advise especially on the following questions :

> removing the rotor (Ive read this is the easy part)

> removing the stem (no idea how to do that and if its even doable by a noob like me)

> unwinding ? As I understand this might be "necessary", if not, I am glad to avoid this part :thumbsup2:

Please help me .. its killing me to have half a tree near minute 9 or minute 47 :)

Plus it defeats all the "genuiness" the watch might have, as, above all, such a thing would NEVER happen with a rep, even in fancy versions :)

Thank you for the answers you can bring to me...

Tis ok also to point me at threads I havent manage to find out with the search function used in the last days :)

flottiglia

Hi there

No need to remove the rotor or unwind the movement,so that is good news for you !

To remove the stem there is a tiny button to press near to where the stem enters the movement.You need to press this down with a pin to remove the stem and press it again to reinsert the stem.The stem should be in time setting position when you remove it.

Hope that helps !

Edited by flottiglia

nighty

Thanks

I will give it a try ... I guess that's the only way I can know if i'll manage ... worst case, I ruin a $60 watch .... which I surely can live with it if i dont reproduce too often :thumbsup2:

flottiglia
Thanks

I will give it a try ... I guess that's the only way I can know if i'll manage ... worst case, I ruin a $60 watch .... which I surely can live with it if i dont reproduce too often :thumbsup2:

Take your time,don't rush it.The button may need to be pressed quite hard,some are easier than others.Start with a little pressure and go from there.You may need to wiggle the stem a little when both removing and replacing.Try to hold the watch securely while you do this,otherwise you will feel you need three hands !

Once the stem is out then you may have to remove screws holding it into the case or it may just drop out with the retaining ring.It should be easy to see either way.Then you can remove the stick !

Good luck !