Sign in to follow this  
v0dka

Got myself a Carrera DayDate

v0dka

Been reading threads on this forum for a while but never posted, finally got my first replica from a guy in miami, looks the part very well, one problem though, the dial at 6'oclock moves while the regular hands move, anyone know how to recalibrate it so it matches the hour? Or stop it from moving? Sorry I'm a perfectionist and new to reps lol . But any advice would be appreciated.

2nbdi4n.jpg

Member X

Does the bottom dial move with the seconds hand? Or with the hour hand?

Was it a forum member you bought it off of or a random bloke?

How much did you pay?

:drool:

v0dka

Bottom dial moves with the hour hand very slowly , found the guy on craigslist, cost 120$

wimpie007
Been reading threads on this forum for a while but never posted, finally got my first replica from a guy in miami, looks the part very well, one problem though, the dial at 6'oclock moves while the regular hands move, anyone know how to recalibrate it so it matches the hour? Or stop it from moving? Sorry I'm a perfectionist and new to reps lol . But any advice would be appreciated.

In short:

No you can't: this uses a cheaper movement than the 7750 version of this watch

The one you have is a 21J version, the dial is also wrong and so will be the caseback and rotor.

Hope you did'nt pay more than 130USD or so for it

houndoggie

does the subdial at 9 tick every second or does it sweep smoothly?

v0dka

neither , non functional, when you press the buttons it moves it by increments, same for dial at 12

houndoggie

neither , non functional, when you press the buttons it moves it by increments, same for dial at 12

got it..

as said above, it's a 21j faux chrono movement. Not much to do about it, but if you are a perfectionist, you can upgrade to the a7750 version of that watch.

v0dka

Not really willing to pay 100's more to get the same watch with working dials, I wonder why they don't make the watch with the subdials stuck at 12' o clock position, if they aren't supposed to be functional anyways.

Luthier

And you call yourself a "perfectionist"?

:drool:

nunu78

for 300$ plus postage you can get the ult rep of this watch.

nunu78
Not really willing to pay 100's more to get the same watch with working dials, I wonder why they don't make the watch with the subdials stuck at 12' o clock position, if they aren't supposed to be functional anyways.

Sorry mate,ignore my previous post as i believe you, when you were saying something about being a perfectionist :drool:

v0dka

perfectionist with limited $ , lol, been looking at the 6 o'clock dial , is about an hour off backwards now from the hour, so it seems like its catching up ? lol

wimpie007

It's not the same watch mate.

- Different build quality

- Nice blue AR on the 7750 version

- Better dial and numerals

- Gen like rotor

- Better bracelet

houndoggie
perfectionist with limited $ , lol, been looking at the 6 o'clock dial , is about an hour off backwards now from the hour, so it seems like its catching up ? lol

i think it is a 24 hour cycle.

ImWatchingYOU
for 300$ plus postage you can get the ult rep of this watch.

Link or dealer please? :)

cremona

It's not the same watch mate.

- Different build quality

- Nice blue AR on the 7750 version

- Better dial and numerals

- Gen like rotor

- Better bracelet

I thought blue ar was cheap? Cause my cheap 21j PAM has a "nice blue ar".