judas9r

Vostok Neptune reissue, first thoughts & pics

judas9r

Very recently, Vostok reissued a limited number of green, orange and teal dialed watches in their popular Neptune range. One of my friends had been after an orange one for some time so I got him to add a teal one to his order on my behalf.

After the usual 6 week wait it turned up today and, I must say I was totally underwhelmed by the orange one. However the teal one is quite pretty, here's some initial thoughts.

The textured teal dial and bezel insert flick beautifully between; green, black and blue depending on lighting conditions and angle, probably one of the best out of the box Vostok dials I've seen.

However. It is still a Vostok so we're talking; acrylic crystal, friction bezel, wobbly crown, and the most ghastly, dog crap, Chinese bracelet. No, really! This braclet is truly awful. At least the old ones (though still just as crap) lasted forever. This feels pretty feeble, they didn't even bother to stamp idiot arrows in the (solid) links to tell you which way to push  the pins out (yes pins).

On the up side its a gen 20atm dive watch with original design, compression style case, unique screw down crown design etc etc. For less than £100. Better value can be had from a standard Amphibia for half the price, but still not bad value. 

I'm addressing the issue I have with the butterfly by swapping to a standard milled clasp and I have some pins on the way from Cousins so I can play around with some other strap.

Thanks for bothering to read this, here's the pics.

20211105-091619.jpg

20211105-091551.jpg

20211105-091602.jpg

20211105-090904.jpg

20211105-113150.jpg

20211105-113248.jpg

20211105-113332.jpg

20211105-090937.jpg

Forgot to say. Lume is pretty good, could still read the time after 6 hours. 

Edited by judas9r
Updated.