Bbsee

Brushed (Starburst Effect) Breitling Scratch fix

Bbsee

So, I've only ever purchased one gen, and for the amount I am paying back each month on finance and the little wear it gets, I've decided to sell and a friend is going to take it off of my hands.

Question - as can be seen in the below pics, there is a slight scratch on the brushed (sunburst type) bezel. Wanting advice on the best way to correct this:

A) is there a safe way for me to personally correct the scratch so it looks brushed (in a sunburst Breitling way)?

B) would a watch-shop be able to brush the scratch for me, or would Breitling official repairs have to do it? (Guessing it'd be pricey at Breitling).

There's also a minor scratch on the side of the case - same question, any advices on the best (and safest without messing it up) to correct would be much appreciated.

If I can't fix the above, them I'm gonna have to knock money off of what I'm selling it for, but if it's gonna cost me a lot to fix, then might be best to just leave it.

Pics below:

jnmfBJ.jpg

jnmEbk.jpg

SteveA

Try a jewellers fibre glass pencil

• Like 1

tribefan

Whatever you do, don't try and touch it up. The whole bezel needs to be buffed out a rebrushed to match. Depending on how deep the ding is it may not come completely out, but the brush marks will make it less noticeable. There's been a few horror stories sending watches back to Breitling, personally, I'd sell it as is before I did that.

• Like 1

Bbsee
39 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Thanks for the info both!

BravoDelta

+1 Don't touch it up, sell as-is. Those are pretty light signs of wear.