Sign in to follow this  
powderfreak

Best pam(s)?

powderfreak

Hey folks, I am looking for a good Panerai rep for a colleague... I know that he likes the 250 and 312, but I personally don't know anything about them, so why not asking the experts.

Could you also tell me where you bought the ones you suggest (and how much they are atm). Thanks a lot folks!

houndoggie
Hey folks, I am looking for a good Panerai rep for a colleague... I know that he likes the 250 and 312, but I personally don't know anything about them, so why not asking the experts.

Could you also tell me where you bought the ones you suggest (and how much they are atm). Thanks a lot folks!

Both are great.

The 312L will be cheaper, but they are both excellent reps. If you go for the 250, get the latest with the a7753. I think toro bravo or Mary can get you either.

houndoggie

The 312L is about $240 and the 250 is about $370

powderfreak

Both are great.

The 312L will be cheaper, but they are both excellent reps. If you go for the 250, get the latest with the a7753. I think toro bravo or Mary can get you either.

Thanks HD, much appreciated!

Just looked around and found this one. What do you guys say?

LOL, so this is not the one I found :)

houndoggie

Both are great.

Thanks HD, much appreciated!

Just looked around and found this one. What do you guys say?

LOL, so this is not the one I found :)

It's shit compared to the $238 version

DSC04781.jpg

DSC04784.jpg

NCRich

Thanks for calling my watch shit.

houndoggie

Didn't call your watch anything.

powderfreak

:)

NCRich

Just kidding. I've got Robert's 312 and don't see anything wrong with it. Different strokes.

prestigewatchco

No Rich you are right $140 more for something with the most unreliable of movements and still flawed wouldn't convince anyone that knew any more than the $99 watch

powderfreak
Just kidding. I've got Robert's 312 and don't see anything wrong with it. Different strokes.

Not my decision, but I would go with the more expensive one, as long as it has less flaws ;)... then again, all Pams are ugly :lol:

houndoggie

Not my decision, but I would go with the more expensive one, as long as it has less flaws ;)... then again, all Pams are ugly :lol:

He won't be disappointed with the higher end one. I've owned about 40 Pam reps of all prices and when I got the 312, i was shocked at how nicely made it is.

Luthier

Mmmm.... Not all. 090, 288, Regatta and 224 - beauties.

Rest - all the same.