Sign in to follow this  
AlphaLima

Never been a Rolex fan....but this is quite nice...

AlphaLima

As i've stated elsewhere on this board, i'm no fan of bracelets, and find Rolex's/Rolei to be a little too flash. So, being bored i googled 'Rolex leather' in the image search, and this is what came up...

l5hNZ.jpg

UysUP.png

Everything about this combo appeals to me. The strap is no-nonsense, the sticthing is clinically clean looking. The watch is extremely svelt, and the dial is simplistically classy. I want this...and i want it yesterday!! Doesn't Robert sell a Milgauss for under $200?

Is it wrong to like this? Would the Rolex fraternity look down on me? I think this could very well be my first Rolex.

What do you guys think?

Carl77

This is not the style of leather strap I would put with a Milgauss, but it looks good.

bklynboy
As i've stated elsewhere on this board, i'm no fan of bracelets, and find Rolex's/Rolei to be a little too flash. So, being bored i googled 'Rolex leather' in the image search, and this is what came up...

l5hNZ.jpg

UysUP.png

Everything about this combo appeals to me. The strap is no-nonsense, the sticthing is clinically clean looking. The watch is extremely svelt, and the dial is simplistically classy. I want this...and i want it yesterday!! Doesn't Robert sell a Milgauss for under $200?

Is it wrong to like this? Would the Rolex fraternity look down on me? I think this could very well be my first Rolex.

What do you guys think?

Go for it!

Vintage looking...

SeanusMaximus

If you order one and can find a strap like that for it, I will follow suit no joke mate, its all that puts me off some rollies too! Robert does the mil for $99 by the way.

robznet

Never seen a Millgaus on leather but it looks very good! IMHO - it don't matter what the purists think, if you like the look that's ok.

I have a sub rep that i sometimes wear on a nato strap, never thought about putting leather on it but you never know! :)

czmilosz

That IS nice. I like the clean dial. I am also smitten with the Ice Blue color they have.

AlphaLima
If you order one and can find a strap like that for it, I will follow suit no joke mate, its all that puts me off some rollies too! Robert does the mil for $99 by the way.

I'm just looking for a strap similar to it now. Looks like the kind of leather you see on a wallet. Not seen many similar in other pics.

seclark007

It's a good combo because YOU THINK its a good combo - It doesn't matter a pinch of coon shit what anyone else thinks!

If you think the s/s bracelets are too flash, what about PVD? Nothing flashy about that at all - but then again, who gives a shit what I think?! :)

jdthompson131216

Love that!

AlphaLima
It's a good combo because YOU THINK its a good combo - It doesn't matter a pinch of coon shit what anyone else thinks!

You see, i'd like to think that i have that mindset, and that i also don't care what anyone else thinks or does.....but then i see someone wearing sandals and socks and i start raging!! lol

JohnG

Jesus, talk about a girl's wrist, that Milgauss looks GIANT on there... My schlong is bigger around that that...

greg_r

A lot of Rollies look good on leather. Day/Date and Datejust in particular. Go for it! :lol:

czmilosz
A lot of Rollies look good on leather. Day/Date and Datejust in particular. Go for it! :lol:

I'm considering getting a Day/Date II (ice blue dial) with leather. I think it would be totally boss!

NFleischer
This strap is PAM-style, doesn't fit classy Rolex, you can find much better strap, but watch is great, for for clone version!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HKT...gaussStrap3.jpg

I usually prefer Rollies on the SS bracelet but this combo is nice.

schmooze
Jesus, talk about a girl's wrist, that Milgauss looks GIANT on there... My schlong is bigger around that that...

Shafty of the week? great idea! Lets see who's the first to strap on a 50mm B&R.

opus9

I bet that new xl explorer 2 will also look great on a rugged leather strap.

regards

opus9

opus9

You see, i'd like to think that i have that mindset, and that i also don't care what anyone else thinks or does.....but then i see someone wearing sandals and socks and i start raging!! lol

Strange..white socks and sandals can actually bring out my turrets!!!!

enjoy

regards

opus9

tdubt

May be why this person (guy or girl?) went with leather. I don't think there are enough removable links to fit that wrist on the bracelet.

agntkerr

Sweet! Grab one.

wat44

looks good

Brightlight

Personally I like a Rollie on a strap, looks more dressy in my opinion, here's one of mine -

d2j001-1.jpg

Though I prefer the curved end leather straps. I do find a bracelet more comfortable for everyday wear.