Sign in to follow this  
Amit

Clean/lube de grease your bracelet

Amit

Seen this topic on other forums but not seen one here so thought i would post this.

So i wanted to clean and lube my bracelet and having read a few threads on other forums decided that i would go for a dry lube as opposed to use something like baby oil or another type of oil.

Dry lube for bike chains is what i used.

774858fe.jpg

Just picked this up from Halfords, cost is about £5.

I got my self a ziplock bag and stuck the bracelet in.

460d49a4.jpg

shake up the bottle and spray in enough so that all the bracelet is covered.

move it around and let in soak in for a few minutes, after that get a toothbrush and work it in to all those little bits.

Again let it sit for a bit in or out the bag.

de0a4047.jpg

Now on the thread i got this info from it says to run it under the tap with a bit of washing up liquid.

I didn't do this as i didn't want to remove too much of the lube or the coating that gets applied to the metal. So i just let it dry out and then used a dry cloth to rub off any excess.

Ok so this is where i was an idiot and forgot to take pics. Sorry.

I found it easier to unscrew off the clasp and work on the bracelet in 3 sections.

Using my cloth i rubbed any of the excess. i doubled over the cloth and with the edge of a small screw driver used it to get into the small tight areas.

Now cause mine is a PVD bracelet it is difficult to see the benefits but you can definitely feel that bracelet moves a lot more freely and in the bag a lot of grease came out. A lot of that is from the screws.

This is obviously a very easy thing to do and could be done once a year maybe.

However the hardest part i found was to remove the bracelet in the first place. But after a bit of anger and then moving it around i got it to come out. :lol: