Sign in to follow this  
sjb

Pam 288 ,Quartz

sjb

I am temped to buy a really nice Pam 288,but it quartz.

Should I be put off,would you buy it?

Carl77

Quartz...so I wouldn't buy it.

greg_r

There isn't a quartz rep of the 288. The closest you'll get is a fantasy Radiomir Chrono in Rose Gold (there was a SS version of it at one point but it's no longer available).

Quartz makes a lot of sense for chronos being generally more reliable than the A7750 movement - however, it's not an option in this case.

sjb
There isn't a quartz rep of the 288. The closest you'll get is a fantasy Radiomir Chrono in Rose Gold (there was a SS version of it at one point but it's no longer available).

Quartz makes a lot of sense for chronos being generally more reliable than the A7750 movement - however, it's not an option in this case.

Thanks G,I thought as much .Its a really nice rose gold watch that Reg has,but was put off a bit by quartz,& I was thinking that it wasn't a true rep,just a fantasy watch.

But for £68!I still don't know?

greg_r

Thanks G,I thought as much .Its a really nice rose gold watch that Reg has,but was put off a bit by quartz,& I was thinking that it wasn't a true rep,just a fantasy watch.

But for £68!I still don't know?

Yup - it's not a 288 - just a fantasy piece - but it's a very nice watch. I have one myself - some have called it "the prettiest radiomir that Panerai never made" :)

If you like it, go for it. There's no running seconds subdial, so you can't tell it's quartz unless you run the chronos. It's extremely well made and really looks the part. A bargain at the price imho.

rg_radchrono_may11.jpg

mbjoer

Quartz is great - especially when there is no ticking.

Many Pams are closed back. And who outside the fora will know that Panarai did not make this one in gold?

The main thing is the attention to detail. Is it plausible and does it look good enough to be a Pam? What does the caseback look like?

If detailing is good and you like it, get it!

greg_r

Oh, it certainly looks the part - although you'll need to upgrade the strap for it to be entirely convincing.