Sign in to follow this  
terma-nator

Pam 250 Daylight

terma-nator

I just ordered from a dealer the Panerai 250 (or is that 250K) daylight with the newest movement (7753) and the ss bracelet.

I have seen them for $100 or so less with the 7750 movement, but why is it so much more with the 7753 movement?

I'm not quite sure what the difference is. I couldn't find any info about it here.

Anyone know what would cause this rep to be so pricey? (I paid $380.00 with the steel bracelet)

Also, what makes the pam 250 difference from the 236?

pam250_01.jpg

pam251_01.jpg

pam236_01.jpg

Edited by terma-nator

MikeMcNair

its a real swiss movement, and has a SS bracelet, that is worth 150-200 right there.

Luthier

$100 for Daylight with A7750???

Dream on, mate. A7750 cost more alone.

$380 is way too much, even with SS bracelet.

houndoggie

The a7753 rep is a much better watch than the a7750 version. Good choice!

I have the 251k and it is one of my favorites.

The Pam 236 is the Pam 250 with a bracelet

Reread his post.

Luthier
its a real swiss movement, and has a SS bracelet, that is worth 150-200 right there.

With Swiss Valjoux it would cost around $750-$850.

houndoggie

Also, the Pam 250k with a7753 is considered one of the best out of the box Pam chrono reps.

Luthier

Reread his post.

Ops... you're right, doggie. My bad, too much fast reading skills.

:lol:

bme
With Swiss Valjoux it would cost around $750-$850.

It's really hard to find something about you to like.

houndoggie

Reread his post.

Ops... you're right, doggie. My bad, too much fast reading skills.

:lol:

I do it all the time.

kolchak
Also, the Pam 250k with a7753 is considered one of the best out of the box Pam chrono reps.

I've never understood the different variations of daylight/regatta models. is the dial color the difference between 250 & 251?

I've almost pulled the trigger on one of roberts quartz regattas or daylights because case sets are excellent and movement isn't that important to me, but really want a daylight with white dial (as yours HD)

houndoggie

I've never understood the different variations of daylight/regatta models. is the dial color the difference between 250 & 251?

I've almost pulled the trigger on one of roberts quartz regattas or daylights because case sets are excellent and movement isn't that important to me, but really want a daylight with white dial (as yours HD)

250 is black, 251 is white.

Drhulee

The reps that use the Asian rep 7753 are more accurate than the ones that use the A7750. The date wheel font is better, the case is better, the case back is better, and they don't suffer the sunken date wheel problem. They also have much better luming, most do anyway. Definitely worth the extra $100.

WatchMe007
The reps that use the Asian rep 7753 are more accurate than the ones that use the A7750. The date wheel font is better, the case is better, the case back is better, and they don't suffer the sunken date wheel problem. They also have much better luming, most do anyway. Definitely worth the extra $100.

I have a 236k with the 7753 movement. Yes it is on a stainless bracelet.

It is stunningly good. The first rep I got that really had me scratching my head and wondering why I dropped so much cash on real Rolex's in the past. Gen has posts in sub dials that are silver...I think...but you can't really tell a difference in the Panerai catalog that I have. Even when someone points out the difference. I'd call this a Super Rep. You can get the post changed, or so I have read.

One thing that ABSOLUTELY makes a difference...I have seen cheap reps of this watch that have the sub-dials on the same surface as the rest of the dial. Not sure what you call that. The gen has them sunken.

img4993z.jpg

img4992l.jpg

img4990a.jpg

Here is a gen at an angle the reveals the silver center posts...

PANERAI_LUMINORCHRONODAYLIGHT_CONTEMPORARY44MM_STAINLESSSTEEL_PAM236_2_2.jpg

Not sure if I would call that a "tell".

Luthier

Recessed subdials.

terma-nator

It is stunningly good. The first rep I got that really had me scratching my head and wondering why I dropped so much cash on real Rolex's in the past. Gen has posts in sub dials that are silver...I think...but you can't really tell a difference in the Panerai catalog that I have. Even when someone points out the difference. I'd call this a Super Rep. You can get the post changed, or so I have read.

One thing that ABSOLUTELY makes a difference...I have seen cheap reps of this watch that have the sub-dials on the same surface as the rest of the dial. Not sure what you call that. The gen has them sunken.

img4993z.jpg

img4992l.jpg

img4990a.jpg

So I actually ordered a 236K not a 250K?

Because I want the exact watch you have here, and I did order it with that same "configuration".

I don't know the difference between the model #'s....

I ordered it with both bracelet and croc strap (just be be sure!)

I haven't received the "QC" pics yet...But it's a trusted dealer here...

houndoggie

img4993z.jpg

img4992l.jpg

img4990a.jpg

Here is a gen at an angle the reveals the silver center posts...

PANERAI_LUMINORCHRONODAYLIGHT_CONTEMPORARY44MM_STAINLESSSTEEL_PAM236_2_2.jpg

Not sure if I would call that a "tell".

The latest version should come with the silver subdial posts.

houndoggie

img4993z.jpg

img4992l.jpg

img4990a.jpg

So I actually ordered a 236K not a 250K?

Because I want the exact watch you have here, and I did order it with that same "configuration".

I don't know the difference between the model #'s....

I ordered it with both bracelet and croc strap (just be be sure!)

I haven't received the "QC" pics yet...But it's a trusted dealer here...

You will be ok. Post the QC pics when u get them. Make sure your subdial hands have silver centers to them, as the latest versions do.

terma-nator
You will be ok. Post the QC pics when u get them. Make sure your subdial hands have silver centers to them, as the latest versions do.

I ordered mine from Mary, so I hope she comes through with a winner..

houndoggie

I ordered mine from Mary, so I hope she comes through with a winner..

She will

WatchMe007

The "K" means it is the 2008 model, correct? So the "latest version" of the rep of a 2008 gen is what you a mean? As opposed to a rep of a 2011 watch?

houndoggie
The "K" means it is the 2008 model, correct? So the "latest version" of the rep of a 2008 gen is what you a mean? As opposed to a rep of a 2011 watch?

Latest version of the 250k rep. Also, not much has been changed ( if anything) on the gen since the k series came out. Essentially, the k is the same as the m