edpare

What did I just buy?

edpare

I received a watch from a scam site.  a replica of an Omega Seamaster with the "teak deck" effect dial face under a domed crystal !.  The watch is gorgeous, even if it is an inaccurate copy.  I didn't know what to expect so I wasn't surprised that the "diamonds" weren't triangular and it is etched "100M" instead of the "150M" of a real Seamaster.  My question refers to the movement which has a decal covering the weight declaring it to be a 8500 co-axial.  The movement is "hacking", but only winds in one direction.  It has a date complication, but much smaller than on a real Omega.  The movement is on the small size, but is amazingly smooth compared to my automatic Seiko series 5 and my automatic Orient Orange Monster.  Almost as smooth as my Apple watch.  How'd they do that?  Could it actually be a clone of the co-axial movement?

Mod edit.  Removed scam site link.

APjumbo

I’m dying to see a picture of this thing.

BadApple

I’m dying to resist this is a Spam joining and first post. 

• Like 1

fatarms

The movement is as smooth as a Seiko and Orient.  Almost as smooth as the one in an Apple watch.

WTF?

Bill_C
The movement is as smooth as a Seiko and Orient.  Almost as smooth as the one in an Apple watch.

WTF?
Apple watches are so smooth they don't even tick... or tok.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

edpare

OP here.  Regarding edits made by moderator:  I didn't know I bought it from a "spam" site.  I think I got a good deal, actually.  The watch really is gorgeous. I would gladly add a picture but the site does not allow cut-and-paste.  He also changed a line I wrote:  the second hand is markedly smoother than that of my other two automatic watches which I think have 21,600 beat movements.

Regarding the seller:  he sent me verification of shipping the day after the charge to my credit card was charged.  He also responded to emails querying why the watch was held by Chinese customs for two months.  No complaints here.

It is true my Apple watch does not show the "tick",     ....... neither does this fake Omega.

j76Oap.jpg

edpare

OP here:  this is my watch on me.

j76tY3.jpg

shyreplover

how much did you pay for it?

FunnyStarSystem

:facepalm:

tribefan
36 minutes ago, edpare said:

$298. in USD

That is a sub-$100 watch, and not a very good sub-$100 version either.

topnote73

That's not a good introduction to high-quality reps. Did you read the new member section at al?  It is invaluable to everyone.

You need to read that and spend time looking at the TD section before jumping in. 

Edited by topnote73

Aramis2288
1 hour ago, edpare said:

$298. in USD

Oh. My. God. :fearlessleader:

• Like 2

NCRich

There really isn't a reason to rub the OP's nose in it.  Many of us bought from a scam site before we found this place.

@edpare I can buy that watch on Alibaba for $62 with $10 shipping (and that $10 would ship 3 watches).  Its under $100 shipped on Dhgate.  No shame in it, just only make the mistake once.  Welcome to the board.

• Like 3

GenTLe
3 hours ago, edpare said:

OP here.  Regarding edits made by moderator:  I didn't know I bought it from a "spam" site.  I think I got a good deal, actually.  The watch really is gorgeous. I would gladly add a picture but the site does not allow cut-and-paste.  He also changed a line I wrote:  the second hand is markedly smoother than that of my other two automatic watches which I think have 21,600 beat movements.

Regarding the seller:  he sent me verification of shipping the day after the charge to my credit card was charged.  He also responded to emails querying why the watch was held by Chinese customs for two months.  No complaints here.

It is true my Apple watch does not show the "tick",     ....... neither does this fake Omega.

j76Oap.jpg

It's a 21j DG2810 movement, that whole watch should be max 100€

• Like 1

Mr_B

Tbh it looks alright, I've had worse from TDs in the past. 

OP overpaid, but hey, who hasn't!? 

BadPickle

Right enuff that, I’ve had worse m2m 

Philiusmaximus

Hey the OP found this place and took the time to make a meaningful post. It'll help others in the future.

It could have been worse, you could have received nothing.

• Like 1