Sign in to follow this  
terma-nator

7750 movement Clones

terma-nator

I have been asking mary for a replacement for a chrono movement for an 7750 powered watch that she sold me recently, and I thought that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some extra movements around.

Since it so expensive and time consuming to have these watches serviced, that I thought that replacing the movement would be easier then to have it serviced.

I know that the movements might need servicing too, but I have had some good luck with these chronos running very well. Anyway, she is telling me that there are many variations of the 7750 clones that she's not sure which ones to get.

I have done a little research, and have found out that the 3LZF2 from the Shanghai Watch Company and the ST1940 from seagull are direct replacements for the eta 7750.

I'm not so sure that it's true, so what is the real story?

What do I tell Mary to get me? or is there a better source to ask for these movements? I have people in China who can do some phoning around for me, but I'm not sure what to tell them.

I found a good source for the movements, but they have a minimum order of 300, so that's out!

I'm also interested in making my own watch. Where can I get the parts for that? I've seen a few cases on eBay, but they aren't what I'm looking for....

Edited by terma-nator

Luthier

Servicing is cheaper than mov't replacement.

3LZF2 is NOT a direct replacement of 7750, but ST-1940 is, and, yes, they have 5 modifications, I'm waiting for details from them, regarding all the models.

Cases factory - I know a few, but they have MOQ, and it's not a 10 cases.

Caliper

It depends of which watches are you planning to replace the movement, the A7750 has a bunch of variation to fit the many cases and dial it is used for. If you tell Mary from what particular model it would be easier for her.

For cases and the idea of making your own watches, try contacting Ska here and have a look at his amazing Wingman project.

terma-nator
Servicing is cheaper than mov't replacement.

3LZF2 is NOT a direct replacement of 7750, But ST-1940 is, and, yes, they have 5 modifications, I'm waiting for details from them, regarding all the models.

Cases factory - I know a few, but they have MOQ, and it's not a 10 cases.

Well I am not looking to replace an actual eta movement. I'm looking to replace the clone that's in the rep watches that I have.

Which movement is likely to be inside these? Since they all "claim" to have clone 7750's which clone is it? What do I tell Mary, or whoever I try to get these.

Is it possible to get the movements serviced before I get them? I know it sounds strange to get something that is supposed to be new, serviced, but that's seems to be the case here.

Kinda like getting a new car's oil changed before leaving the showroom with 0 miles on it huh?

So which movements are they using in these 7750 reps? 3LZF2 or ST-1940 or something else?

Luthier

They use A7750, mostly in 2 configurations - subdials on 6, 9, and 12, and subdials on 3, 6 and 9.

On both - seconds - on 9.

Some factories moved seconds @9 to seconds @6 positi0on, but this modification was made without adding the jewels, so, very unreliable.

Some factories claimed, that they added a few stones, and its a clone of 7753. Is it the truth or not - we can only guess.

Here's the pictures I sent to Seagull, asking exact numbers of their movements of 1940 series:

01-36.jpg

02-44.jpg

03-34.jpg

04-35.jpg

mulder

must read post must read post stop looking at avatar stop looking at................................................drooooooollllllllllll

Luthier

See, Dave, marriage in early age isn't always a great thing...

:jingoism:

terma-nator
They use A7750, mostly in 2 configurations - subdials on 6, 9, and 12, and subdials on 3, 6 and 9.

On both - seconds - on 9.

Some factories moved seconds @9 to seconds @6 positi0on, but this modification was made without adding the jewels, so, very unreliable.

Some factories claimed, that they added a few stones, and its a clone of 7753. Is it the truth or not - we can only guess.

03-34.jpg

I was under the impression that the 7750 movement has the subdials at 6,9,and 12, (Valjoux layout)

and the 7753 just has the subdials at 3,6, and 9 (Tri Compax layout)

So who makes this "A7750?