Sign in to follow this  
robie

Hello

robie

Hey Fellas, looks like I'm one of many new Texans to join forum.

I've read the just about all the sticky threads in the section and can say I'm informed and seeing stars after reading through all those terms.

I'm a Breitling fan and have looked at a lot of the watches you guys have and they are beautiful.

I've already got a long wishlist.

I've already contacted Mary about a couple of watches after all of the glowing reviews from you guys. One that I really want that she said she can't get is the Breitling Transocean.

I found it over at Timeshop:

LINK

I know you pay for what you get, and i see the movement and glass are going to be different. Is that the reason for the price difference or is the one for $88 poorly made?

Can you guys tell me what i'm going to be missing by getting the transocean for $88 instead of this chronomat for $264: LINK

Thanks guys,

Andrew Brown

greg_r

That transocean you linked looks pretty decent for a cheapie, but bear in mind that you get what you pay for. The Transocean has a quartz movement. Reliable, accurate, but the second hand 'ticks' rather than sweeps. General quality won't be up to the standards of a more expensive watch either - it's not likely to 'feel' like a high quality watch.

The Chronomat is a very different animal. It runs a 7750 automatic movement (much like the gen) and is a far higher quality rep. Having said that, I would tend to try Mary, PrestigeWatchCo or MReplica for a watch of that level. Some extra QC would be beneficial as the 7750 needs some care in handling if it is to be reliable. TS is best for the cheapies.

See here for more info on movements in general: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6930

.. and here for a guide to the 7750: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6101

Del

Hello and welcome!

+1 to what Greg said :thumbsup:

PrestigeWatchCo do a great Chronomat B01 with a quartz movement - check out my collection link in my signature and you'll see the pic. ;)

robie

Thanks greg. I assumed it would be feel cheap for that price. Any of you guys seen a quality rep of the transocean.

Del - I've looked through your collection and am a big fan. Mary quoted me $268 for a B01. She didn't say what the movement was but should I assume quartz?

greg_r
Thanks greg. I assumed it would be feel cheap for that price. Any of you guys seen a quality rep of the transocean.

Del - I've looked through your collection and am a big fan. Mary quoted me $268 for a B01. She didn't say what the movement was but should I assume quartz?

There isn't a good rep of the transocean as yet.

Re: the B01 - the one Mary will have quoted you for is the A7750 automatic version. There is indeed a quartz version - and it's very high quality (as well as being a lot cheaper). Robert was listing them a little while ago - have a search in his subforum and you'll find it.

Nisv

Hi Robie, welcome :thumbsup:

jameo210369

Welcome to the forum Robie, sounds like you are getting good advice from Greg and Del. You can sometimes pick up a great watch for around $100 but generally the more you pay the better the quality.

Member X

Welcome aboard B)

I am not sure if I'm right on this, but I think Texax Customs can be harsh on reps? Can anyone else confirm if that is correct? :lol:

If they are, it might be worth getting watches shipped to a friend/family member in another state, then getting them sent on to you ;)

robie
Welcome aboard :)

I am not sure if I'm right on this, but I think Texax Customs can be harsh on reps? Can anyone else confirm if that is correct? :woo:

If they are, it might be worth getting watches shipped to a friend/family member in another state, then getting them sent on to you :)

I read one of the posts that said if it comes in the country via Dallas it can be bad. I live in the Houston area so I don't know if that means it will come in via Dallas no matter what or it will come in via Houston for me.

robie

There isn't a good rep of the transocean as yet.

Re: the B01 - the one Mary will have quoted you for is the A7750 automatic version. There is indeed a quartz version - and it's very high quality (as well as being a lot cheaper). Robert was listing them a little while ago - have a search in his subforum and you'll find it.

OK I'm sold. I'm going to get the B01 Del has. For $100 I think this will be a great way to begin my new addiction :D . I now just need top pick which color I want.

I emailed Robert yesterday and haven't heard back yet. Is he a little slow to respond?

Balad1

Welcome Texas Bro,

Robert is running his annual rep auction at the moment so I am sure he is extra busy, http://www.auctionpwc.com/index.php

Robert and Mary are good to go but for any other dealer make sure you CONFIRM availability before you pull the trigger on any purchase via their websites.

Of course it goes without saying only buy from RWG trusted dealers.

Fiddo

Hello!

:wave:

Welcome!