Sign in to follow this  
Sealdoggy

Help please

Sealdoggy

I have an Omega Seamaster Rep that Kat did a ETA 2824 swap for me a couple of years ago.

I was taking the movement out of the watch to clean the inside of the crystal there was a small piece of debris in there that drove me nuts and this little piece fell out.

can anyone tell me where it goes, it looks like it has a tiny bit of adhesive on one side.

think it might have something to do with the crown and stem because now the stem doesn’t stay in the movement 

Don’t know if pics work 

https://froggy.smugmug.com/Watches-and-Guns/i-dk8JWMK

https://froggy.smugmug.com/Watches-and-Guns/i-mcXLPcm

Edited by Sealdoggy
Pictures

tribefan

I don't know what that part is, but I'm guessing one of the decorative pieces adhered to the movement to make it look gen. In other words, not functional.

Those links are funky. We have a picture posting utility, just click on the landscape picture button with the plus sign:

jFfrVj.png

IMG_2247-L.jpg

IMG_2245-L.jpg

fatarms

The fact that it has adhesive on it most likely means it's movement decoration like tribefan says.  The stem issue is possibly due to pressing too hard on the stem release button when you removed it.  The keyless works will need to be reset.  Usually about 6-8 small parts that need to be taken out and put back in to reset the keyless.  Keyless works are what allow the stem to wind and pull out to the date set and time set positions.  It's easy to mess that up by removing a stem by pressing that release button too hard.

• Like 1

Sealdoggy

That make sense thanks for the fast reply,  gonna be an easy fix