Sign in to follow this  
Distinct

Is a Bell & Ross swap possible?

Distinct

So here's my problem and my potential solution...

I really wanted the BR01-93 GMT. Most of what I found out there is not even close to accurate or is not available. The original is white on black face on black casing. For some reason, this particular colour scheme is not offered. I have found these two watches...

5.jpg

5.jpg

I want to take the dial face from the first watch and put it inside the black casing of the second watch. Is that possible and easily done on my own? I asked Mary if she can find a source that can just do it for me but she's still checking. At one point, I may get desperate enough and just buy both watches and create the version that doesn't exist (despite it being the closest to the genuine).

Another question about the B&R straps. I went to see the genuine BR01-93 at the store today and the rubber urethane band seems to be pre-curved. I like that (I have a Nixon that is like this). Are there any replica bands that are like that? All that I've ever seen are completely flat and when worn are not as comfortable as the genuine strap I tried on today for the BR01-93 GMT.

Thanks for all your help.

613Kid

I have only seen reps of this model with an improper white datewheel on an angle.

1479f11a6f54a7351f36b0f9b1697cb9.image.733x550.jpg

I would be interested in this version, but never heard of this website - anyone now if this one from replicacool.com is actually an actual rep or is it just a ripoff site?

opus9

Or you could go B&R heritage which has just been repped (see thread)

B&R

br0194a.jpg

REGARDS

OPUS

613Kid

REGARDS

OPUS

Yup, I'm following that as well - will probably get both. :lol:

Distinct

REGARDS

OPUS

I love the colouring and especially THE BAND! The font of the numbers seems off to me though from the gen. Did they just used the dial face numbers from another model.

opus9

REGARDS

OPUS

I love the colouring and especially THE BAND! The font of the numbers seems off to me though from the gen. Did they just used the dial face numbers from another model.

I have no idea bud,your never gonna get an exact copy..original is original..but for 75 bucks inc shipping from Mary,the grass does not get any greener!!

regards

opus

Distinct
I have only seen reps of this model with an improper white datewheel on an angle.

I would be interested in this version, but never heard of this website - anyone now if this one from replicacool.com is actually an actual rep or is it just a ripoff site?

I've seen that one too. It has the right 46 mm casing but the inside rehaut (I guess it's called) is completely wrong. The ones I found have the proper angled inside collar with the 24 hour times on it. The casing though is always 42mm. I'd rather have the slightly smaller watch that look right than the right size but looks completely wrong and lacks the depth of the gen. I've found the ones I'm looking at on a few different sites. I tried Watcheden (don't get me started) but they didn't have it in stock. I'm hoping Mary can source it for me. I'll let you know if she can get it.

Distinct
[qI have no idea bud,your never gonna get an exact copy..original is original..but for 75 bucks inc shipping from Mary,the grass does not get any greener!!

regards

opus

Does she have the black band version yet? I would love that.