Sign in to follow this  
sacster

Watch diameter

sacster

I'm interested in Breitling, PAM and Hublot watches, however, they all seem to be >44mm. Does anyone know how the watch diameter on these are measured? I've read differing opinions, from 10 to 8, edge to edge, etc, etc. I have a smallish wrist, 18cm (7ins) and find the larger faces are not suitable. Anyone?

Silverspeed

The diameter is the crystal including the bezel, but without crown, crownguards or chrono pushers. If it's a round watch it doesn't matter where you measure it.

Tickness and shape of the watch makes a lot of difference, for instance an Audemars Piquet Royal Oak Offshore chrono is about 42/43mm in diameter but due to it's thickness, shape and size of the crown and chrono pushers it wears significantly bigger.

A wrist size of 7 inch sounds about average to me, so a good indication if a watch looks big or too big would be to check out the wristcheck threads.

greg_r

Yup - as Silver says, you can't always tell by the actual measurement. A 44mm AP ROO wears, for me, significantly larger than a 45mm Panerai Radiomir.

To be honest - except for the REALLY big models - it's more down to what you feel comfortable with. A lot of guys with smaller wrists than yours are wearing 44mm PAMs without worries...

sdiver

Hi

I have some prob with 7" wrist and i like "big watches"

where is this wrist thread?

Thanks in advance

Big Tex
Hi

I have some prob with 7" wrist and i like "big watches"

where is this wrist thread?

Thanks in advance

It's the thread about what are you wearing this week.....the link is below.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=16598

As for me...I always measure my round watches from 10 to 4....unless I am measuring a chronograph...then I measure 8 to 2.

I have the opposite problem....a 44mm watch just looks tiny on my 22cm wrist ( my left wrist )....if I am wearing on my right wrist...I usually have to adjust the bracelet a little...as it measures 23cm. So I mainly wear 48 -53mm watches myself.

sugaray

I have 6.5" wrist and wear my DSSD and avenger seawolf daily. Both are 44mm. dont have much of an issue pulling it off nor does it look like a wall clock on my wrist.