pcdj

Cracked Omega PO PVD crown cover

pcdj

I managed to drop my PVD PO onto a tiled floor and the crown "cover" smashed to bits. The crown and stem are still intact (though the watch eventually stopped moving which I think/hope is because I've unscrewed the crown and now can't get enough of a grip to screw it in again).

My question is if anyone's aware of where I can get a replacement part from - either gen or rep. I'm aware that I can try TDs but in my past experience in getting parts they don't tend to me too helpful given there's not much profit in it for them.

Here's a picture...

gNATKzz.jpg

Philiusmaximus

The case is also chipped. And the movement should still work if you give it a swirl. Give that a go.

pcdj

Thanks, yeah aware the case is chipped too :(

I did give it a swirl but it doesn't want to tick. I wonder if the drop caused some internal damage too - it was definitely working for a while after.

Philiusmaximus

Just bin it and get another.

Philiusmaximus

Sorry, I'll try not be so blunt :D

By the time you've sourced a crown and paid for it (TD is likely only place) and paid for repair of movement (if it's repairable as I'm not sure if these are clone movements or not) then really you could have just bought another.

Sell the strap and buckle here. Maybe someone will want your bezel, crystal, dial etc but don't bank on it to be honest.

pcdj

It's a fair comment. Sadly it's a VSF and as I understand it they're not available at the minute, so I was hoping it could be salvaged.

(I was also hoping the the movement isn't broken after all and it is just a case of the crown needing to be fully screwed in).

Philiusmaximus

Use a pair of pliers to grip what's left of the crown to screw it in.

pcdj

Just given it a go: Date, minutes, and hours all move, and when I wind the crown and stem I can see the barrels advance at the back, but it won't tick. I guess it's knackered.

Rx4Time

Unfortunately, I guess that settles it, time for a new one and bin that one or sell it off for parts. It's a shame. 

k3rm87

Part it out and grab a new one!

FudgyDocker
6 minutes ago, k3rm87 said:

Unfortunately, he's not eligible to sell. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound! :lol:

• Like 1

Phoenixboy
1 minute ago, FudgyDocker said:

Unfortunately, he's not eligible to sell. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound! :lol:

good time to become a supporter......

• Like 1

pcdj
54 minutes ago, k3rm87 said:

You're the second person to suggest that but VSF are closed, aren't they? :sad: 

Philiusmaximus
43 minutes ago, pcdj said:

You're the second person to suggest that but VSF are closed, aren't they? :sad: 

What have the TDs said?

pcdj
3 minutes ago, Philiusmaximus said:

What have the TDs said?

That this model's unavailable.

Philiusmaximus

There's your answer then mate. Unfortunate as it is, you'll just have to pick an alternative watch. Loads of good ones still available.