MrCrumpyGunt

New Member looking for advice

MrCrumpyGunt

Hi everyone.

Great site and lots of very useful posts. 
I have been desperate to take the plunge and buy 2 different watches for the last few weeks but just can’t decide which TD to buy from and which clone factory watch to choose. I have read lots and lots and aware that it really is a bit of a mine field for an inexperienced buyer like myself. 
I would like a Rolex Sub ‘Kermit’. As far as I can work out, the best clone is made by VSF? I would also like a Tudor Pelagos, the best clone being  XF/VSF? Am I right on these 2?

I have contacted 3 of your TD’s - Theonewatches and PerfectClones who both say they have stock and can ship straight away. I had great feedback and response from Theonewatch but nervous to put all my eggs in one basket. TrustyTime showed great response and were also honest enough to say although they have stock there would be a delay in shipping due to the latest COVID-19 restrictions now in force in Guangzhou China. Theonewatches ship from HongKong so no restrictions I don’t think? 

Any advice and help welcomed please 

• Like 1

GingerApple

The Kermit is the old model and VSF have never made it as far as I'm aware.

The Pelagos by XF is decent. ZF are their main competitors, again VSF has never made a Pelagos.

Your research seems inaccurate tbh. The XF Pelagos should certainly be decent and available though and out of your two options, I'd go with Theonewatches. You grumpy cunt.

FudgyDocker

XF/ZF for Tudor Pelagos. Not much to choose between them, really. I got an XF V6 not that long ago.

jwrCbP.md.jpg

MrCrumpyGunt

The XF V6 Pelogos looks great in the photo, thanks. Where did that come from? 

The so say Kermit style  I’m referring to from VSF is - 126610LV 41mm 904L  SS/SS Blk VSF VS3235. It has the green bezel and black face.  There are so many options and variants it doesn’t take much so someone so grumpy to get consumed. I’m hoping if you could point me to the best clone on this style Sub it might cheer me up a bit. 

GingerApple

Oh okay, that's not a Kermit. VSF is great for that.

FudgyDocker
2 hours ago, MrCrumpyGunt said:

The XF V6 Pelogos looks great in the photo, thanks. Where did that come from? 

China.
Anyone of the dealers can get them. They all buy the same watches from the same factories.

MrCrumpyGunt

XF Pelagos has landed purchased through Perfect Clones.

On inspection it looks remarkable. I have owned a real one that i sold 12 months ago and  it seems a very worthy substitute, hopefully it will be as reliable. 

The service and communication from Perfect Clones comes highly recommended 

GingerApple

And the rabbit hole has been entered! What are you buying next?

MrCrumpyGunt

I’ve ordered a Sub from TheOneWatches. It is in transit at present hopefully will land soon. I’m addicted!

FunnyStarSystem

Straps are the next rabbit hole, let me show you what's available: :flash:

MrCrumpyGunt

I’ve got the Pelagos on an  NDC elastic strap suits is well 

BenjaminButton
XF Pelagos has landed purchased through Perfect Clones.
On inspection it looks remarkable. I have owned a real one that i sold 12 months ago and  it seems a very worthy substitute, hopefully it will be as reliable. 
The service and communication from Perfect Clones comes highly recommended 

Threads need photos. Let us see your lovely Pelagos. Being nosey, why did you sell the genuine article?

When I’m grown up I might treat myself to a genuine Pelagos.

RaunchEDawg
On 01/05/2022 at 17:22, MrCrumpyGunt said:

Hi everyone.

Great site and lots of very useful posts. 
I have been desperate to take the plunge....

Great Post. Was planning to ask something similar and am glad I saw this.  Might I ask where you started for your research? As a fellow noob, getting started seems the toughest part. Thanks!

-RED

fatarms
51 minutes ago, RaunchEDawg said:

Great Post. Was planning to ask something similar and am glad I saw this.  Might I ask where you started for your research? As a fellow noob, getting started seems the toughest part. Thanks!

-RED

Welcome, bud.  Very few noobs here have followed my advice, and if you were to ask someone who has been a member here for over a month, they'd tell you to be patient.

I know you want a watch now.  I did too when I started.  But the very best thing you can do is read this board for two weeks before buying something.  Start anywhere, you'll find everything you need here and will find yourself reading everything you can find.  There's a lot to learn.  I still learn stuff after 10+ years here.

• Like 3

Mystery Shopper
4 hours ago, RaunchEDawg said:

-RED

Try the new members section (link in my signature).

BadApple
5 hours ago, RaunchEDawg said:

-RED

Read New Members Section - this is an absolute must as everything about or "game" is explained in there and stops frustration from other members when you ask silly questions :thumbsup:

• Like 2

MrCrumpyGunt

zjdvCv.jpg zjd7S1.jpg zjdumK.jpg

Just put the Pelagos on an Erika’s Originals elastic strap. My NDC strap is tatty so found the EO strap i bought ages ago after an hour of rummaging through all the drawers! 

• Like 1

MrCrumpyGunt
On 19/05/2022 at 15:13, BenjaminButton said:

Threads need photos. Let us see your lovely Pelagos. Being nosey, why did you sell the genuine article?

When I’m grown up I might treat myself to a genuine Pelagos.

I sold my genuine watch to buy an Omega. It was the most comfortable  watch I’ve owned to wear on a metal strap. 

MrCrumpyGunt

zjd04i.jpg zjdbcb.jpg

Just found these pictures of my genuine Pelagos on the NDC

• Like 1

MrCrumpyGunt

zz0xHX.jpg

Has anyone recently  purchased a PP as in the photo? Which TD and from what Factory sell the best clones of these?

MrCrumpyGunt

The VSF Sub from TD Theonewatches has landed. Great service, it took a bit longer than the Pelagos that came from Perfect Clones but still as good as hoped for. Theonewatches sent tracking details once I committed and kept me up to date with the delivery.

see photos attached, It is now unwrapped, strap adjusted and being worn. In my limited experience of these clones, i think it is great. Expert opinions 

zzJXSF.jpg zzJket.jpg zzJ4EE.jpg zzJwt2.jpg

• Like 1

maverick3934

beautiful watch

MrCrumpyGunt

The Pelagos has been worn daily since it landed and not missed a beat so far (touch wood) so highly recommended. 
The Sub is in a watch winder and too perfect time so far. Thumbs up for this as well. 
looking now for number 3, any recommendations for good experience with PP as per my photo, factory and dealer? Maybe a Daytona instead, again pointers for which factory for the best I'm always reading and learning from this great site, thanks.  

GenTLe
1 hour ago, MrCrumpyGunt said:

The Pelagos has been worn daily since it landed and not missed a beat so far (touch wood) so highly recommended. 
The Sub is in a watch winder and too perfect time so far. Thumbs up for this as well. 
looking now for number 3, any recommendations for good experience with PP as per my photo, factory and dealer? Maybe a Daytona instead, again pointers for which factory for the best I'm always reading and learning from this great site, thanks.  

Don't leave them to wear off into a watch winder...

Edited by GenTLe
  • Like 2

MrCrumpyGunt

Hi 

Back again after a while. 

The rotar came unattached from my Pelagos back in September 2022. It came from Perfect Clones and Joshua answered all emails immediately, couldn’t fault his contact. He suggested returning it to him in China which i did. It has been held in customs since and delivery to Joshua was refused so it now after all this time has been returned back to me, 10 months later.

Can anyone recommend a fixer here in he UK where i can send it? I have messaged Perfect Clones to see a a special deal could be done on another watch as the Pelagos didn’t last long but sadly only a tiny discount was offered which is a shame. VSF Sub is still in good order. 

Looking for a Daytona, can you recommend best quality/factory at the moment please 

Photos