Sign in to follow this  
Dssd

New rolex gmt2c tt bezel problem please help

Dssd

Hi my new watch has turned ip from Mary it look s stunning only one issue I have is the bezel, it feels like it's grinding when turned left or right, like there is sand under there

Or it's twisting metal on metal :) . I had the stainless steel version of this watch from some one else and the bezel movement was the best part. I have contacted Mary and she said se thinks it's normal and it because of the metal coating (gold) that makes it thicker.

The stainless steel version I had gmt hand worked also so I assume is was the cheaper version

Please help as this is the first thing people start playing with to test if its real

Here is an example of what the watch looks like, Im not sure how to upload photos

http://www.dkpw.co.uk/wp/wp-content/upload...01/gmt-iic1.jpg

Balad1
Hi my new watch has turned ip from Mary it look s stunning only one issue I have is the bezel, it feels like it's grinding when turned left or right, like there is sand under there

Or it's twisting metal on metal :) . I had the stainless steel version of this watch from some one else and the bezel movement was the best part. I have contacted Mary and she said se thinks it's normal and it because of the metal coating (gold) that makes it thicker.

The stainless steel version I had gmt hand worked also so I assume is was the cheaper version

Please help as this is the first thing people start playing with to test if its real

Here is an example of what the watch looks like, Im not sure how to upload photos

http://www.dkpw.co.uk/wp/wp-content/upload...01/gmt-iic1.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken the bezel should only turn counter clockwise (to the left). So if it turns both ways that's a no go and a sign of a problem.

PS: This is the way the bezel works on the 3 Rolex's that I own at least.

Here is your photo:

gmt-iic1.jpg

Mazz

I belive the bezel on GMTS turns both ways unlike submariners etc....

Distinct
I belive the bezel on GMTS turns both ways unlike submariners etc....

You are correct. Bezel on the GMT Master turns both ways for calculating 2+ time zone differences either forward or in advance (24 HR bezel on the Explorer II doesn't turn at all), this is opposed to dive watches which are one way fore safety to count down remaining air supply I think.