Sign in to follow this  
Thang

Worth fixing or not: Bucherer watch

Thang

My nephew got this from his friend as dept repay. He asked me to take a look. The movement look clean but cannot wind nor adjust time. the crown seems to be stuck. I cannot rotate it and I cannot pull it out. Please advise if this watch worth fixing.

Here are a few pics:

20220614-074302.jpg

20220614-074402.jpg

20220614-074504.jpg

20220614-074510.jpg

FudgyDocker

An ETA 2824, that looks like it needs a damn good strip down and clean. Looks like some corrosion in there, so maybe some moisture has got in from somewhere at some point. Dial looks fairly decent, but the bracelet needs re-plating or replacing.

Coupla hundred bucks on a good service should sort that movement, for sure.  Don't know how old that is (70s?) but they are roughly $500-600 online, from the couple that I've seen.

Rx4Time

Hopefully the debt wasn't very much because its current state that's not worth hardly anything. I don't know if it's worth fixing because even in running condition it's not an very valuable piece, especially in it's heavily worn state. 

NCRich

Yeah I would not fix that. 

tribefan

It is going to cost as much to service and replate it as it is worth, and it will be a tough slog selling it.

Thang

Thanks all for your input. they are very helpful. I will let my nephew know. It was not a big debt and he got this watch and a working Linden desktop clock :-) .