Sign in to follow this  
Flatfour

DSSD to the King and Back

Flatfour

Kenny contacted me a while ago because I was looking for somebody to relume, waterseal and upgrade my 2 DSSD's, a V1 and a V3

He did a more then great job, his work is beyond perfect and both watches are now perfect reps, about 99 % the look of the real stuff.

The V1 has got a new case, upgraded bracelet and has a relume job/waterproofing...

The V3 has a new bracelet, relumed, waterproofed and looks even better then the other one.

One flaw, the movement of the original V1 has died, so I have to send it back.

But I had a lightning idea and within a few weeks Kenny will transform this watch into a vintage Sea Dweller like nobody has seen before, I'm sure of that.

I can not recommend him more than I want !

During the works, he regualry sended me emails and video's about his work and looking at the chunk of metal on my wrist, I always have a big smile.

Kenny will place pics here, because his are waay better then mine, and even his best pics can't justify the detail of his work !!!

Thank you Kenny !

KeNnY

Thank you Wouter for your kind feedback :) for all you interested the watches were topics from where I have upgraded his V1 to V3, and the V3 version that I have added new bracelet and shoot video.. Some pics

V1 to V3 upgrade

s6301721.jpg

s6301909p.jpg

V3

s6302197.jpg

Flatfour

Update, after a week...

DSSD is still going strong, I had te chance to compare it with a real DSSD and the differences are minor.

The only things I saw were the text "original gas escape valve" and "ring lock system" are a bit to the outside of the ring...

On the back are the lettres in the case a litlle too fine and the titanium centrepiece is in real much nicer to see then the fake stuff...

And also the gas escape valve itself is a litlle too small.

But for the rest, a great watch to wear...

At night I put the watch in the side to lose seconds, so after one week, it is still within a few seconds a day !!!!

KeNnY
Update, after a week...

DSSD is still going strong, I had te chance to compare it with a real DSSD and the differences are minor.

The only things I saw were the text "original gas escape valve" and "ring lock system" are a bit to the outside of the ring...

On the back are the lettres in the case a litlle too fine and the titanium centrepiece is in real much nicer to see then the fake stuff...

And also the gas escape valve itself is a litlle too small.

But for the rest, a great watch to wear...

At night I put the watch in the side to lose seconds, so after one week, it is still within a few seconds a day !!!!

yes those thinks should be repaired with newer versions of DSSD :) I am happy that your watch is keeping great time ! Enjoy it ! :)

Crusader

So Kenny..... are you getting Trusted Dealer/Re-Lumer title soon? :)

KeNnY
So Kenny..... are you getting Trusted Dealer/Re-Lumer title soon? :)

still didn't contact greg_r about it :) I want to have also timegrapher already at home so I will offer also time regulating service ;) we will see next week.