Sign in to follow this  
tsomers

BK Ceramic Blue Sub Second hand

tsomers

I bought this used over on the "geek". Thinking I was shipped a different watch then what was posted. What do you think? I think the pearl is way off.

Watch I received

2011-06-3012-11-04611.jpg

Watch Posted for Sale

IMG_1014.jpg

Original post was here

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=141658

agntkerr

Tricky since different camera work, Maybe he just didnt have it lined up when he took the for sale pic?

tsomers
Tricky since different camera work, Maybe he just didnt have it lined up when he took the for sale pic?

I was pointing out the centering of the pearl. The on the sale thread had white from the triangle on the right side, the one I have doesn't have any white.

Luthier

Definitely different watch. Look on lume on 9 o'clock sticks.

Balad1

PM BK, he has a section here and ask him.

PS: He is currently on holiday until I think the 2nd of Jul.

tsomers

Think I should file PayPal report right now or wait for user to respond? Anyone know a mod over there I can talk too? I knew it was too good to be true, 275 for a BK blue!!!

jdthompson131216

Thinking it's a different watch myself

agntkerr

I was pointing out the centering of the pearl. The on the sale thread had white from the triangle on the right side, the one I have doesn't have any white.

In that case.....agreed!

houndoggie
Think I should file PayPal report right now or wait for user to respond? Anyone know a mod over there I can talk too? I knew it was too good to be true, 275 for a BK blue!!!

don't file any paypal report!!!!

Um yes, the fake watch I bought may or may not be the same fake watch I thought I was buying.

The sellers picture was taken from an angle from the right of the watch (you can tell by the cyclops) where as your picture is straight on. If you take it at the same angle as the seller did, you will probably have the same result. Either the seller did this on purpose to hide the off center pearl, or it was a mistake... BUT, the datewheel looks like a BK overlay on both.

nunu78

original price is 370$ so that deal was not completely too good to be true.

tsomers

Um yes, the fake watch I bought may or may not be the same fake watch I thought I was buying.

The sellers picture was taken from an angle from the right of the watch (you can tell by the cyclops) where as your picture is straight on. If you take it at the same angle as the seller did, you will probably have the same result. Either the seller did this on purpose to hide the off center pearl, or it was a mistake... BUT, the datewheel looks like a BK overlay on both.

Would BK ship a pearl out like this?

houndoggie

IMG_1015.jpg

this pic shows the pearl touch the triangle as yours does.

Balad1

Your best bet is to contact BK and also the MODs on that forum; use PP as a last resort, item received but not as described is a complicated process.

Have you contacted the seller and asked if he could have made a mistake in the watch he shipped and that you have an email pending with BK. That way you give him some wiggle room?

Akira

HD pointed it out.

It's the same watch IMO

IMG_1014.jpg

What looks white in the triangle could also just be a light refection in the SS of the pearl

Balad1

Possibly, yes

tsomers

Your best bet is to contact BK and also the MODs on that forum; use PP as a last resort, item received but not as described is a complicated process.

Have you contacted the seller and asked if he could have made a mistake in the watch he shipped and that you have an email pending with BK. That way you give him some wiggle room?

Yeah I contacted the seller. I just asked if it was the same watch. I don't think he was the original owner of it, so BK wouldn't be able to help. I guess I will need to send it to Mike and have him make sure there is a Swiss movement in it.

Member X

It's an interesting one...

I didn't think BK shipped with pearls that were slightly off-centre, but I may be wrong!

He will definitely be able to confirm by PM, I would imagine, but I would raise it with the seller and admin over there straight away so you can't be accused of a switch tactic ;)

tsomers
HD pointed it out.

It's the same watch IMO

IMG_1014.jpg

What looks white in the triangle could also just be a light refection in the SS of the pearl

Your right Akira, I see that now too. I feel a little better. Thanks, it drives me crazy this whole trust thing. I normally only buy from our boards, but this was such a great deal I had to jump on it.

PeterWorcester
I bought this used over on the "geek". Thinking I was shipped a different watch then what was posted. What do you think? I think the pearl is way off.

Watch I received

Original post was here

T,

First off, as others have said, I would NOT go to PayPal and report anything about a rep watch. As far as being the same watch, I don't think I've seen enough picture to be conclusive, the camera lighting can do strange things. One thing that is a little strange, I've never seen a BK watch with a black second hand or black around the hour & minute hand but that doesn't mean he hasn't made one with those.

Regardless your issue is "Is it the same watch as advertised?" For me it's really hard to tell from two photos so I can't really help you.

I'd ask the seller outright and ask him if he has any QC photos etc.

That's a tough one, I'm not experienced enough to be able tell you one way or another.

I doubt BK will be able to tell you and he is on vacation until July 2nd anyway.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Peter

tsomers

Thank you all, after working through this with my brethren here, I am sure its the same watch too. NOTLAW offered me a full refund to make sure I was satisfied, but I am going to keep it and track down a new insert for it.

Thanks again for the help on this.

T

houndoggie

I don't know.

But it I definitely don't think you got the ole switcheroo. They are the same watches.

tsomers
T,

First off, as others have said, I would NOT go to PayPal and report anything about a rep watch. As far as being the same watch, I don't think I've seen enough picture to be conclusive, the camera lighting can do strange things. One thing that is a little strange, I've never seen a BK watch with a black second hand or black around the hour & minute hand but that doesn't mean he hasn't made one with those.

Regardless your issue is "Is it the same watch as advertised?" For me it's really hard to tell from two photos so I can't really help you.

That's a tough one, I'm not experienced enough to be able tell you one way or another.

I doubt BK will be able to tell you and he is on vacation until July 2nd anyway.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks Peter the black is poor android phone photo, its silver.

houndoggie

Watch I received

Original post was here

T,

Good luck!

Cheers,

Peter

the hands are silver, they are just reflecting something dark or black.

Thank you all, after working through this with my brethren here, I am sure its the same watch too. NOTLAW offered me a full refund to make sure I was satisfied, but I am going to keep it and track down a new insert for it.

Thanks again for the help on this.

T

the insert looks great, just have the pearl repositioned if possible.

tsomers
the insert looks great, just have the pearl repositioned if possible.

Thanks HD, I will be send McNair an email about it.