Teece99

Clean DJ41 Crystal Upgrade...

Teece99

Hi guys - I'm a new member although I have been reading these forums for a long time and not new to the rep game, but I hope this isn't too much of a noob question (no pun intended!).

I have a Clean DJ41 incoming.  From what I have read its a toss-up between Clean and VSF, and I reckon I may get the movement serviced asap.  However, I wanted to ask about the crystal as I imagine the black hole (or lack of black hole) might be the main thing that might bug me!  I've read a few threads where people have mentioned just throwing on a gen crystal (or possible a prof crystal (I'm not entirely sure what they are!!).

I just wondered if anyone could share some info on availability and cost of crystal upgrades for a DJ41? And if anyone has a recent Clean DJ41 I'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

Thanks! :) 

GenTLe

Prof is ProfSteve, a guy in the USA that managed to find a formula for coating that is super clear. I don't know how it works for crystal with cyclops tho, also considering that the gen crystal has the AR treatment on the cyclops only, so you'll need to remove it and put a ProfSteve one, and it's not an easy task... He is more present on the sister forum "replica watch info".

My suggestion: start to use the watch as it comes. THEN if you really feel the urge to service or replace the crystal, you'll think about that.

• Like 1

1_jlg

Nothing compares to gen imo, I have a vsf xtal which is decent by all means, but still not as good as gen, once you see them both it becomes clear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk