Sign in to follow this  
gB.

Perrelet A5002-2 double rotor gen

gB.

I came across this gen and am intrigued by it. It has a modified ETA double rotor movement design, with the second rotor on the dial. It is for sale at only 30% of retail by a reputable online/ebay retailer and am seriously considering pulling the trigger. There's no rep of this and the gen is at an incredible price at the moment.

Anyone have one of these or heard of this watch before?

A5002-2.jpg

http://www.upscaletime.com/Perrelet-Men-s-...ch-A5002/2.aspx

:P

wat44

I posted a video the other day - in test forum

Guanaco

It's nice, but lacks IMO. There are better gens in that price range, used, but much, much better. :P

Just my 2 cents.

nighty

I once bought a perrelet turbine rotor (black/red) ... this had so much faults I had to send it back .. then the original that was in titanium came back 5 weeks after in SS ... then it was sent with hands badly aligned (eg: at the minute at 60, hour was in between two hour markers (!)) finally I had them refund me and forgot about this brand... They make like they are old "Louis Perrelet was here in 1777" ... but they are a young firm actually (5 yrs)

If i was to buy one again, I would hunt down faults like mad before trusting them

oh yes .. I was talking about a GEN watch which cost me around EUR4,000 at that time

EDIT: pics of the last faulty version before refund :

@ 10:10

perrelet_-_10h10.jpg

@ 2:30

perrelet_-_14h30.jpg

(sic!)

EDIT2: first faults were scratches on the inner bezel, scratches on the rotor (crystal caseback), a dust in the caseback in the middle of "swiss" & "made", off-center CG (perrelet logo too much turned on the right)

but the double-rotor feeling/effect is amazing !! though :P

omni

They are a luxury brand but not well known in the US. The claim to fame is they invented the automatic movement. Their big hit is the "turbine" line, basically the 2nd rotor on the dial was made to look like a jet engine turbine blade, it has sold quite well upon its intro. Still, reminds me of the spinner wheels on cars, kinda makes it look cheap after the novelty wears off. JMHO They also make a rotor for women that looks like a flower encrusted with diamonds. Whatever floats your boat. Does make for a compelling purchase at 1/3 the list though.

mulder

Perrelet was the inventor of the automatic watch mechanism wasnt he? 1770 was the year?

Im probably wrong.

David

nighty
Perrelet was the inventor of the automatic watch mechanism wasnt he? 1770 was the year?

Im probably wrong.

David

indeed he was .. but that has nothing to do (but the name) with the firm selling those watches today ...

Caliper

Sorry, that turbine is so cheesy.

Loos like a toy watch.

wat44

Caliper

hehehe, that buzz saw watch must be hella fun when you're drunk and try to tell time!

gB.

buzz saw watch.... :facepalm::picard::picard2: