TS_Tiger

New member here. References for silix-prime

TS_Tiger

Hello board, 

Thanks for having me. As stated, noob here. I was able to locate the TD page, and found some items on this silix-prime,  and I have sent a few emails in regards to order. That's been approx 4 days now. 

What is reasonable response time? I know these guys likely get many emails per day and such. Just curious if they take so long for new order and/or customers. 

Thanks in advance 

FudgyDocker

Sorry, I haven't ordered from them in ages, so don't know what the current situation is.

TS_Tiger

Right on. What you think on typical response? If I choose another supplier, should I expect better timing?  Or, should I give them fair timing and wait? 

Thanks again

Edited by TS_Tiger
Add sentence

gooner2826
45 minutes ago, TS_Tiger said:

Right on. What you think on typical response? If I choose another supplier, should I expect better timing?  Or, should I give them fair timing and wait? 

Thanks again

Nothing stopping you checking with other suppliers if you’re not getting replies from one.

If you haven’t ordered yet, I’d say give some others a shout. Just be wary most other tds on here don’t go as budget as silix’s economy section (just in case that’s where you were looking). 

From experience they’re decent for the money, but definitely worth the extra for more elsewhere. 

happy hunting 

GenTLe

Just take care that NOT all you see on a TD site (especially large ones like Silix or Trusty or PerfectClones) is available. I'd dare to say that only 20% of that is available... So be sure to check what you're searching for BEFORE to send money. And, also, get a dealer that tells you clearly if something is available or not (some of them will tell you "it's available" and then, after paying "sorry, not available, choose something else"). Remember that they generally don't have the inventory in their premises (a police raid will destroy them in such case), they get the watches from middle-men that get them from the producer factory just after your order, practically nearly never in advance, so the situation with old watches (old = more than 1 year since when they have been launched from their relative factory) can be really tricky.

Finally,  a TD can also not have a site (actually the ones that I trust more don't have a site at all), and this doesn't mean they are less valid.

Oh, something else: forget to get good watches without putting decent money in them, probably the best "cheap" ones are from Narikaa, but otherwise a good watch is in the range of 300$ to 800$ nowadays, with the golden area around 400$. And, still, not all the expensive ones are good ones... You need to get involved and read for weeks to really understand how this game works :)

• Like 2

CurioLeo

Context is king- if you asked a specific question " do you have XXXX (insert their specific model reference on website)" , you should expect an answer quicker than  4 days irrespective of which TD it is. If you said "can you get me the best Daytona like XXXX but with ..... instead" then it would be less likely to get answered promptly. If you said "can you get me XXXX ( and it was last updated 2019) then it is probably  not available at all and it may take days to hear back. Moral of the story- hard to answer your question without specific details.

brang1

Silex seems to have been AWOL for quite some time 

tribefan

In terms of pure availability, I find jtime to be the most accurate.

TS_Tiger
53 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

Context is king- if you asked a specific question " do you have XXXX (insert their specific model reference on website)" , you should expect an answer quicker than  4 days irrespective of which TD it is. If you said "can you get me the best Daytona like XXXX but with ..... instead" then it would be less likely to get answered promptly. If you said "can you get me XXXX ( and it was last updated 2019) then it is probably  not available at all and it may take days to hear back. Moral of the story- hard to answer your question without specific details.

I did check what they had there, and placed an order on the website. (I would think if they're continuing to pay domain and hosting fees, they'd still be active in business). I chose 2 watches there. It noted pending status. Their T&C state they confirm first, then send QC photo before shipping or payment. After placing the order, I noticed a special and wanted to add 2 more watches. I tried to edit the existing order, but it doesn't allow. So, I emailed directly with a bulletized list with updates to show all 4 watches. Asked them to confirm, and advise price update(s). 

That was Sep 7th. We are in weekend, so really it 2 business days. 

I think I'll give them a few more days, as I'm in no rush. While waiting, I'll continue my research to pursue purchase elsewhere.. No harm no foul. 

Thanks for feedback! 

TS 

44 minutes ago, brang1 said:

Silex seems to have been AWOL for quite some time 

Oh really? Well that could explain it too. 

I'll give them a few days, then just pursue elsewhere. 

Thanks 

TS 

TS_Tiger
2 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Just take care that NOT all you see on a TD site (especially large ones like Silix or Trusty or PerfectClones) is available. I'd dare to say that only 20% of that is available... So be sure to check what you're searching for BEFORE to send money. And, also, get a dealer that tells you clearly if something is available or not (some of them will tell you "it's available" and then, after paying "sorry, not available, choose something else"). Remember that they generally don't have the inventory in their premises (a police raid will destroy them in such case), they get the watches from middle-men that get them from the producer factory just after your order, practically nearly never in advance, so the situation with old watches (old = more than 1 year since when they have been launched from their relative factory) can be really tricky.

Finally,  a TD can also not have a site (actually the ones that I trust more don't have a site at all), and this doesn't mean they are less valid.

Oh, something else: forget to get good watches without putting decent money in them, probably the best "cheap" ones are from Narikaa, but otherwise a good watch is in the range of 300$ to 800$ nowadays, with the golden area around 400$. And, still, not all the expensive ones are good ones... You need to get involved and read for weeks to really understand how this game works :)

Totally get that, and thank you for in depth response. A big chunk of my research has actually filtered by payment method. I liked the fact these guys had PayPal as an option. I'm not really keen on wanting to send bank transfers or these weird website transfer. I could swing a western union, but PayPal would be my preference. 

Any recommendations on PayPal accepting vendor? 

tribefan

Most don't accept PP and the ones that do usually will not for new customers. This is for good reason.

Wise account is the best payment method. Lowest fees and best exchange rates.

Also not a great idea to order four watches in one order. Easier for customs to flag and inspect.

• Like 1

brang1
3 hours ago, tribefan said:

Most don't accept PP and the ones that do usually will not for new customers. This is for good reason.

Wise account is the best payment method. Lowest fees and best exchange rates.

Also not a great idea to order four watches in one order. Easier for customs to flag and inspect.

exactly- i never even order 2 - just makes life easier 

GenTLe
7 hours ago, TS_Tiger said:

Any recommendations on PayPal accepting vendor? 

I used PP the 1st 2 times I entered into this world, then abandoned it. Now I always use Wise (formerly WiseTransfer or  TransferWise): all online, low fees, better currency exchange rate. In generally I go with Mary or Toro or Watchfinder as TDs and, especially with the 1st and last, never ever had any suprise on the watches I bought. Toro is good too but you need to really be careful with QC because he doesn't really check the watches.

TrustyTime use PP (and in my view it's better than PerfectClones) and you also has a mean to check the time of release of a watch: on each watch page, at the end below the picture group, there is the date that specific watch was inserted in the site, and have an idea if it's recent or not. Just be careful with specifications: on their pages I've seen Miyota presented as Asian ETA clones, and watch thickness completely wrong, so better to check the specs on more than a site...

• Like 1