Aramis2288

Vacheron Constantine 2000v Ultra Thin

Aramis2288

Hi folks,

Lately I started looking with hungry eyes at several models of watches from Vacheron.

One that certainly caught my attention is 2000v ultra thin. As far as I am aware it was a limited edition released only in gray dial version. This makes every other color variation a fantasy model.

Nonetheless, as opposed to a standard Overseas 4500v, the 2000v is VERY thin. According to info available on TrustyTime, it is only 8.7mm. I think it would be a very nice addition to the collection, as the thinnest watch I own would probably be Hublot Classic fusion which is somewhere around 9.5 mm thick.

What concerns me a little bit, is the movement.

The website states "clone calibre 1120". I suspect it is not a clone movement and more likely some sort of conversion of more popular and commonly used one. I cannot figure out what it is by looking at the photos. The back does not look like a fake plate such as ones made e.g. by ZF (the jewels seem to be mostly real plus a fake plate would certainly add more thickness).

Does anyone have a clue what is it and how come the watch is so thin? Is it possible that it could be a "shaved down" modification of more common movement? If so, could it make the watch unreliable?

https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43&products_id=21920

https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=2000v&x=0&y=0

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

GenTLe

To me that one looks a lot like a slightly modified Miyota 9015 with a different type of antishock, a balance cock without the adjustment scale and an added useless jewel (look at the very last pic, you see there's no gear shaft in that jewel) next to the balance:

rBVaSlrWoIeACOsRAAj4yxyrjMU361.jpg35612063035_af2d8679d3_o.jpg

It's the "go to" movement for the thin watches, together with the 2892-A2 ETA clone.

Good movement, I have it in many watches, comprehending a BP Nautilus and a 15400: without fake plate is the only movement that permits those reps to be thin like the gen.

Anyway, the thicknesses of Trusty are many time incorrect... Check for them on a site that is more correct, like for instance intime06.co where in general they put correct ones.

• Like 1

FudgyDocker

Miyota 9015 is a popular one to slim down. I have a replica of a VC that is a 9015 made to resemble the 2460SC movement.

HENzp.md.jpg

• Like 1

Aramis2288

Thanks[mention=57251]GenTLe[/mention] [mention=66381]FudgyDocker[/mention] Very informative!

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

FudgyDocker
10 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

[mention=66381

Now I know that I'm prisoner/inmate no. 66381 :rofl:

GardenofEden

how is the size of the rep compared to gen?