Sign in to follow this  
JKD

I Have a Problem

JKD

I have not recieved the watch I ordered from a Trusted Dealer. I am new to this hobby, but have read a lot over the last 2-3 months. I read a threat that indicated I may be able to work through the forum before going through PayPa, the last option. I have waited for 7 weeks and am trying to resolve the issue with the dealer. But, if I don't recieve the item soon, what options do I have.

AlphaLima

Which dealer was it? What & when was the last correspondence from the dealer? Where are you located?

Fiddo
I have not recieved the watch I ordered from a Trusted Dealer. I am new to this hobby, but have read a lot over the last 2-3 months. I read a threat that indicated I may be able to work through the forum before going through PayPa, the last option. I have waited for 7 weeks and am trying to resolve the issue with the dealer. But, if I don't recieve the item soon, what options do I have.

Have you tried communicating with the seller via email? what is the issue? You can also send a PM to an Admin or Mod. They can usually help you. However, never file a PayPal dispute. It is a very bad thing to do regarding a replica watch.

Hope it works out for you.

Aren

JKD...you NEVER go to PP with a rep problem.

The first thing you do is contact an adm or mod

explain the problem and ask for their help.

JKD, I sent an PM to a mod, but I don't know if he is available ATM.

Just sit tight for now.

You need to get someone with a BLUE name at the bottom of the index page.

They are adm/mods and they intercede if you have a problem with a Trusted Dealer.

Be prepared to give them the dates and order facts and tell them what you have done so far.

MikeMcNair

NEVER EVER use paypal for issues (as others have said)

always contact admin, a TD (other than the issue TD) or others on the forum.

we are ALL here to help sir.

dingle

Send me a PM with all of your order info. I will take a look at it on Tuesday. Monday is a holiday here so I am posting via phone.

Whatever you do, do not post a paypal dispute.

Cheers

JKD
Send me a PM with all of your order info. I will take a look at it on Tuesday. Monday is a holiday here so I am posting via phone.

Whatever you do, do not post a paypal dispute.

Cheers

Thanks for the advice. I had intentionally left out the details like what dealer I'm working with because I'm still trying to work through him and hoping for the best.

No worries on the PayPal, I have certainly read that enough times over the last couple of months, just wanted to see who the forum points of contacts are if I cannot work this on my own.

Member X

I'm sure we can get this sorted :)

AGL

Just out of interest...

Why can't we post paypal disputes? What happens?

Member X

Paypal investigates what has been sold.

They ask you what you have bought.

You say 'a watch from china' or, if you want to stick the knife in because you're malicious and/or stupid, 'a fake watch'.

They become suspicious.

They check the history of the seller.

They see a large amount of transactions for lots of money.

They freeze the account and the seller has to magic up some evidence that they're not shipping fake, illegal watches.

If they fail, they lose all the money in the account and either have to take the hit and deliver to buyers without getting paid, or all the buyers who have money in the account lose it.

I imagine, anyway...

So it's a lose-lose situation, really.

The individual buyer might get his money back, but the tens (hundreds?) of other people get fucked over, as does the dealer.

There should be no reason to PP Dispute or CC Chargeback a Trusted Dealer - they're Trusted because they will (are supposed to...) work with the board admin to resolve issues!

greg_r
Just out of interest...

Paypal disputes screw things up for everybody. Paypal will freeze the dealer's account, making it impossible for other customers to complete transactions or get refunds. Essentially, you can potentially leave a LOT of people out in the cold with no recourse.

A Paypal dispute is last resort only and should ONLY be considered (at least with a trusted dealer) with the agreement of board staff. 99.999% of the time, we can sort things out without taking things to those extremes.

MikeMcNair

short story:

one time i ordered a watch from mary, and i got an email back saying that I SAID something about watches in my note, when in fact i DID NOT!!! mary's acct was frozen!!! investigation was placed on her. BAD NEWS.

turns out, another person did say that in the note, and paid at about the same time i did.

i had to call paypal, and lift the investigation on her. i told them i was calling from michigan (truth) and live in PA (truth) and i needed the payment to go through THAT INSTANT so she could ship me "training materials for my new job in MI" (lie) before i flew home. sure enough, within 3 minutes, they lifted the investigation, and unfroze her acct.

now, this does not sound like a big deal, but it took an hr to get a human on the phone etc, and was a big mess.

long story short, you can really fuck up a TDs ability to sell the products WE WANT. so stay away from paypal notes PERIOD!!!!!

SeanusMaximus

Paypal as an organisation much like the Gestapo.... if you let anything slip or give them a reason to question you or your doings.... BANG! :)

d1isthe1
Just out of interest...

Coz u r buying somthing that is a counterfeit ...

AGL

Fair points lads!

I guess although you as a buyer may be safe the dealer and other sellers are getting knocked over.

Can understand why someone 'a buyer' would want a bit of revenge for getting screwed over but not looking at the bigger picture rather than just themselves and their purchase.

I hope to NEVER have a bad experience with trusted dealers... :)

JohnG

Well I for one don't think the world is black and white.

I have never filed a PP dispute and don't expect I ever will. But if I ever had a serious problem and the dealer didn't take care of it and the mods and admin of the various forums couldn't get a resolution, I am damn sure not going to just kiss my money goodbye.

As far as I am concerned the rule is filing a PP dispute should be a LAST RESORT. And one should avail themselves of all the other resources (mods/admin) in a timely fashion first. But I have seen trusted dealers go south quite a few times and people get screwed because they blindly followed a rule that seems to be always articulated as an absolute prohibition.

AGL
blindly followed a rule that seems to be always articulated as an absolute prohibition.

What's the rule? That PP Dispute should always be a last resort?

I have to agree though JohnG. If I was to buy a $300 rep I wouldn't drop it til I had my money back!

greg_r
Well I for one don't think the world is black and white.

I have never filed a PP dispute and don't expect I ever will. But if I ever had a serious problem and the dealer didn't take care of it and the mods and admin of the various forums couldn't get a resolution, I am damn sure not going to just kiss my money goodbye.

As far as I am concerned the rule is filing a PP dispute should be a LAST RESORT. And one should avail themselves of all the other resources (mods/admin) in a timely fashion first. But I have seen trusted dealers go south quite a few times and people get screwed because they blindly followed a rule that seems to be always articulated as an absolute prohibition.

Bingo - that's exactly it, John.

If it doesn't look like the dealer is going to do what is required and either refund or provide the desired goods, then not only would we recommend that the buyer attempt a chargeback, but we'd make the details public and remove the dealer from the trusted list (as we did with Curahee, if you'll recall). We're not going to hang around saying 'no chargebacks' if the dealer is screwing someone over - and we're certainly not going to allow that dealer to remain here if that's the case.

However, you really wouldn't believe how many impatient individuals do - or threaten to do - chargebacks for no good reason - which is why we take the stance we do.

jameo210369

Let's see what Ding can do before we get into arguments, hopefully everything can get sorted.

I am interested to know the name of the dealer as we have had a few dealers that are struggling over the past few months.

Please keep us posted on the outcome?

powderfreak
Paypal as an organisation much like the Gestapo.... if you let anything slip or give them a reason to question you or your doings.... BANG! :P

That made me laugh :cheerleader2: Well, never had a problem with them up to now, and I hope it stays that way....