ThinkBookPro

Help identifying CHS 3285 "timebomb" movement

ThinkBookPro

I'm guessing this is a pretty basic question - I've searched and combed through the forums but haven't found the answer. Plus I'm new and it seems like there have been major developments since 2019.

Can anyone help me identify this movement? It's unclear to me how to actually tell but it does seem like this is a decorated 2824 with "3285" engraving. However, I haven't found anything that matches what I have (pictures below).

1. Listed as VR3186 Clean Factory 126710
  2. It appears this is from a 126710BLRO Pepsi
  3. Movement has correct hand stack
  4. No quickset date adjustment
  5. Hour hand adjusts in 2nd position to adjust date
  6. Clockwise crown setting direction

zklM7p.md.jpg
zkl48b.md.jpg

gooner2826

If it’s a clone movement turning the crown clockwise (pushing the crow up to the sky) puts the hands forward, unlike the 2824 where it’ll be anti clockwise which is a really quick and easy way to distinguish

Don’t know enough about the GMT VR movements, however, the VR’s are very good these days compared to the old SA/SH 

Where did you get the watch from? If it’s from a TD you’ve likely got what you paid for aka the VR

KJ2020

It looks like a VR3186 that's been poorly engraved to 3285. Also the balance end cap jewels and KIF spring are missing. 

• Like 2

GenTLe

That's not a "timebomb" but it's missing parts, it can't run that way since the balance doesn't have the top jewels and related spring. as @KJ2020 said here upper.

• Like 1

ThinkBookPro

Thanks @gooner2826. Got it from a member not a TD. Good call on checking if forward hand moves CW or CCW.

Looks like this is indeed a VR - albeit a janky one (doesn't look like it's originally from a TD).