Sign in to follow this  
fatarms

Question about loose butterfly clasp

fatarms

Ok, I have a rep Vacheron Fiftysix Complete Calendar and one side of the butterfly clasp comes undone pretty easily.  I grabbed a quick photo of a gen off the internet to illustrate the part that is coming apart.  The side with the tail of the strap locks in place and you have to push the points on either side of the cross logo to undo that side.  That one locks just fine.  The other side, with the keepers is more or less just a friction closure.  That's the one that comes apart for me pretty easily.  I've managed to keep it closed by looping the floating keeper around the tail of the strap and the underside of the clasp (against my wrist if that makes sense?)

I know the trick to make the rolex clasps tighter by bending the one arm of the clasp to make it slightly shorter.  But was hesitant to do anything like that with this thing.  Even though it looks like that might be my only choice?

zwngep.jpg

tribefan

I was just looking at mine and that end of the clasp is split. I would just pry that open a touch to make the friction work again.

zw8UxX.jpg

• Like 2

fatarms

I'll try it, thanks bud :)

• Like 1

tribefan
3 hours ago, fatarms said:

I'll try it, thanks bud :)

Yours looks different though, looking at your pic. You might have to sell it to deju and buy a new one.

fatarms
35 minutes ago, tribefan said:

Yours looks different though, looking at your pic. You might have to sell it to deju and buy a new one.

5 hours ago, fatarms said:

I grabbed a quick photo of a gen off the internet to illustrate the part that is coming apart. 

I'm going to try to pry that thing apart a bit.  Hopefully I don't completely fuck it up :lol:

Edit:  That worked, you magnificent bastard.  I owe you some Starbucks, provided you come to the right one :lol:

• Like 2