Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Cartier Santos XL

wat44

robert - we were talking recently in the SB about SW200 - on Andrews site, he has a close up of the newer SW200-1

am I right in assuming that the older movements had SW200 stamped?

fbd503133b329e5516c4a17108209470.image.800x532.jpg

wolfwood

Is there such a thing as XXL? Since I love the PAM sizes, I prefer the chrono size of 42 but like the cleaner look of the non-chrono better.

watch.aholic
robert - we were talking recently in the SB about SW200 - on Andrews site, he has a close up of the newer SW200-1

fbd503133b329e5516c4a17108209470.image.800x532.jpg

I'd like to know this too....for some reason I can't find this pic on Andrews website anymore.....

digger2

I'd like to know this too....for some reason I can't find this pic on Andrews website anymore.....

I have one stamped SW200 and another one stamped SW220-1

watch.aholic

I have one stamped SW200 and another one stamped SW220-1

SW200 and SW220 are different movements....The following ETA comparison will perhaps highlight what's the difference...

ETA 2824 = SW200

ETA 2836 = SW220

SW220 comes with Day & Date whereas SW200 only comes with Date.

I think we are more interested to see the differences between SW200 and SW200-1.

derf

Hi I am new to this site and would like to buy a similar piece, who did you purchase it from? thanks!

mianos

I just went and had a look at the gen of this watch with a view to getting one and checking what the size looks like on my wrist. The square design really sites well. I'm not a huge guy and the watch was very comfortable.

I'll say the clasp would be hard to reproduce. The real clasp is the stand-out feature of of the watch. Being brand new from the window I'm sure it's going to be great, on the other hand it's so smooth.

greg_r

The clasp is close, but not quite as positive feeling as the gen. Other than that this is about as close to 1:1 as you're going to see....

d1isthe1

Congrats GG ...

AustinTech

That's a real stunner. Just looks incredibly classy.

I'm surprised to see you spent that much on a rep, G! You usually gawk at anything over $300.

greg_r
That's a real stunner. Just looks incredibly classy.

I'm surprised to see you spent that much on a rep, G! You usually gawk at anything over $300.

Well, true. I'm a cheapskate - everybody knows that. But this was worth it :ttiwwop:

Drestylz

Newbie here. How much was this rep and who is robert? I would like to pick up ome of these.

Thanks!

Luthier

Robert is PrestigeWatchCompany.

Check our Trusted Dealers List.

new2watches

Hi guys, could someone please help me understand this watch? I've been searching for this for a few months now. It seems to be all over the place compared with other watches. I've been asking around and the price ranges from about $440 for swiss eta 2824 to as low as $360 for a7753. I'm just wondering how much of the price goes into the movement, and how much goes into the block of stainless steel?

It doesn't seem like a very complicated watch to manufacture, there are more complicated examples that go for less. For the price differences, will they be the same watch, just with different movements? Is it going to make a big difference? Especially since we're not talking about any complications here, not even a date window. This one seems somehow overpriced and i'm trying to figure out why so I can justify my next purchase.

Luthier

Don't like it - don't eat it.

@wat44 - SW200 was the first Sellita clone of ETA, and it was problematic. They improved the quality, and named it SW200-1.

greg_r

Hi guys, could someone please help me understand this watch? I've been searching for this for a few months now. It seems to be all over the place compared with other watches. I've been asking around and the price ranges from about $440 for swiss eta 2824 to as low as $360 for a7753. I'm just wondering how much of the price goes into the movement, and how much goes into the block of stainless steel?

It doesn't seem like a very complicated watch to manufacture, there are more complicated examples that go for less. For the price differences, will they be the same watch, just with different movements? Is it going to make a big difference? Especially since we're not talking about any complications here, not even a date window. This one seems somehow overpriced and i'm trying to figure out why so I can justify my next purchase.

Well, it's just about the most accurate rep around for sensible money at the moment - frighteningly close to gen in both look and feel, the only slight giveaway being the deployant clasp. It runs a genuine Swiss movement, the strap is very high quality indeed (unusual for reps) and it's extremely well built.

Yes, it's a bit more expensive than some other reps out there. Mine was worth every penny - whether it is to you, is your problem ;)

new2watches

Hi Greg, thanks for the insight. I'm not questioning if it's the best rep around but rather the option of swapping it for a different movement. Seems there's an option to choose between Swiss 2824 and a7753 with quite a big price difference. Was wondering if it's worth the extra premium.

(null)

creep

Is there a good replica of the RG versions yet? Tried one out in the store today and was very close to buying one. Extremely beautiful.

biggiepee

I bought this rep a few years ago, i love this watch. it stopped working a week ago. anyone know where i can get another movmement.

thanks

agntkerr

Can I buy it :notworthy:

greg_r

I bought this rep a few years ago, i love this watch. it stopped working a week ago. anyone know where i can get another movmement.

thanks

Won't be 'this' rep if it's a few years old - this was only available from around 18 months ago.

Depends on what movement you have in yours, but Ofrei or Cousins are usually a good source for replacement movements.