Sign in to follow this  
Wirral_guy

21j automatic issue

Wirral_guy

Hi all

I'm asking for a little advice as a relative noob to reps.

I bought a v nice PAM power reserve from a TD on here and it has been great. Normally the power reserve is almost constantly nailed to the limit (only coming down slightly overnight when it is off my wrist) but, since about Friday, it has slowly been reducing and is now just above 3/4. I've checked to see if I've died but think I'm OK and my activity levels have been roughly normal.

Is it likely to be something simple\obvious, am I missing something or is it likely the movement has an issue?

If the movement has an issue is there anything simple I can do to fix?

Thanks

Dave

greg_r

Hmm - that's odd...

To be honest, I have no clue but hopefully someone with some watchsmithing ability will show up soon :lol:

Wirral_guy

Anyone?

flottiglia
Anyone?

Seems a bit of a puzzle,other than the obvious "you are moving around a little less" .

The only other possibility would be the rotor is a little loose and catching on the caseback so its not winding properly.Does the rotor spin ok when you shake the watch?

Wirral_guy

The rotor does spin freely but maybe not as free as when I first got it (it used to spin with the slightest movement but now seems to have a little more friction).

I have watched the motion of the rotor and it doesn't look like it is sticking anywhere, just not as free moving as when I received it.

dave

flottiglia
The rotor does spin freely but maybe not as free as when I first got it (it used to spin with the slightest movement but now seems to have a little more friction).

I have watched the motion of the rotor and it doesn't look like it is sticking anywhere, just not as free moving as when I received it.

dave

The rotor will tend spin a little less freely the higher the level of wind present in the mainspring.On the other hand it may be a little dry.Chinese assemblers are not generally known for oiling correctly,sometimes too much sometimes none at all.There may be a a little friction in the autowind mechanism as a result.I assume the power reserve climbs ok if you hand wind it?

Wirral_guy

I thought it might be something like that. And yes, it hand winds fine.

Is oiling it something I can do quite easily? That's assuming I can get the back off - never seen one like the Panerai before and I haven't got a socket big enough for it :lol:

Dave

MikeMcNair

sounds like it need LOOOOOB :lol:

piece of cake. get yer duct tape, and ebay the lube, good to go.