Sign in to follow this  
AlphaLima

My burgeoning collection thus far...

AlphaLima

Well, as Sean, Mike & PBack shared their new collections, i guessed i should follow suit and show what i've been spending my money on.

H44Lg.jpg

First up was the Cartier Pasha which i acquired whilst i was in the Royal Navy. It has seconds @ 6 and has never missed a beat since 2001. I haven't worn it in years as it doesn't fit my wrist, although a replacement SS/RU bracelet has been sourced by Mary. It's an automatic movement, and i've since given it a whirl and it's up & running once more. Workhorse.

Second was the Pam 005. I was aware of the brand from my yachting days as they spent a lot of money sponsoring sailing events around the world. I've always wanted one, and when this popped up over on RG for £90, i took the plunge. It has been my daily wearer. I love it. Incidentally, Corum also spent vast amounts of money sponsoring our sailing events and i was lucky enough to win a 2002 Corum Admiral's Cup Marees, which was sold shortly after to fund the purchase of a car. :)

My third purchase was the Omega PO for the tidy sum of £50. The 'pearl' fell out about a week after purchasing and hasn't been worn much since. The rotor is also extremely loud. I haven't opened it up, but i assume it's diesel powered.

Fourth purchase, and one which i acquired recently, was Del's Breitling Steelfish. The watch is a beauty, and gets plenty of wrist time. It seems to go well with a pair of tailored shorts and a polo shirt, and has even had a couple of compliments. If Del takes this much care over all his watches, i'll be stalking him through the member to member sales board.

My fifth purchase was the Chopard, which i'd had a semi interest in since i saw it. Reg fetched a shit-load back from his trip and i thought it was worth every penny of the £74 i paid for it. It's not gotten a lot of wear, but this is mainly due to the strap. If i can find some nice leather for it, i'll wear it more often. Luckily enough, my sister's fella wants it, so if i ever fall out of love with it, i can recoup my losses.

My last purchase was the big boy, the 127, the fiddy. I love this watch. I love it a lot. If i could, i'd take it round the back, fuck it, and have lots of mini-fiddy's with it. I got this for the bargain price of $125, and whilst the strap is a little stiff, the watch is perfect.

Next up? Who knows......i have a wishlist, which seems to be growing every time one of you enabling twats posts on the weekly wrist-check. It's hard being a student as finances are hard, but i'll do my best.

Also, i have a thing for photography, in particular film photography.The camera was my latest purchase.....i like it more than words could describe.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Phil.

Edited by AlphaLima

seclark007

Phil,

Nice collection you have there. All you Briet guys are starting to get to me, and I think an Avenger is in my near future.

I like the camera!

pback

nice pic and nice collection. I love that camera too.

SeanusMaximus

I like you - I BUY IT! Seriously though - that 005 is asking to be worn by me.... it just doesn't like you man :giggle:

AlphaLima
Seriously though - that 005 is asking to be worn by me.... it just doesn't like you man :lol:

it likes me plenty! It's a lovely watch for sure.

PGL

Very nice collection mate!!! :lmao2:

AlphaLima
Very nice collection mate!!! :lmao2:

Thank you, buddy.

I need something a little dressy now. Work is taking off, and we're having more & more meetings, and coming in wearing a hooters t-shirt, shorts & flip-flops really isn't acceptable any longer.

Del

Nice collection Alpha! :lmao2:

Glad to hear you're still liking the SOSF. :popcorn:

robznet

I haven't opened it up, but i assume it's diesel powered. :lmao2:

Nice collection there!

AGL

Nice collection Alpha! I especially love the Breitling and the 005.

You've got some nice straps too! :lmao2:

jameo210369

Loving the collection Alpha (Phil) you have the bug now, what is your next purchase going to be???

AlphaLima

Cheers guys.

I've been lucky enough that the watches i've managed to buy have all come with decent straps, although i'm currently looking to buy a few new ones, just to mix it up a little.

what is your next purchase going to be???

Well, if Sean has anything to do with it, a PAM 312. I need something smart though really. I might go for the Milgauss that's Robert is offering. Really want them to rep the IWC Portuguese Yacht Club though.

Edited by AlphaLima

jameo210369

Nice choice

Mystery Shopper

wearing a hooters t-shirt, shorts, flip-flops & a dress watch is much more corporate. :mulderthesbkiller:

Great collection Phil, good idea on the Millgauss as well.

AlphaLima
wearing a hooters t-shirt, shorts, flip-flops & a dress watch is much more corporate. :)

Great collection Phil, good idea on the Millgauss as well.

It's going to be hooters t-shirt, jeans, flip-flops and a Cartier pasha tomorrow. They can't sack me, i'm invaluable! :P

SB56667
It's going to be hooters t-shirt, jeans, flip-flops and a Cartier pasha tomorrow. They can't sack me, i'm invaluable! :P

:)

Nice collection photo -- thanks for posting!