Krankie

Jewellers precision screwdriver's

Krankie

After some assistance guidance on a set of precision screwdriver's for adjusting watch straps , any recommendations which may come bundled with a magnification eye loop , thanks in advance for any helpful links 

( Set I have is pretty useless )

Redfire1066

@Krankie  I normally buy quality Bergeon Springbar Removal Tool and screwdrivers . . .. ..  as for the eye loops  . . ..  I have found the cheaper £10 to £15 as good as any . . .. ... . and there is an abundance to choose from  .. .  try Watchobsession or CousinsUK or Esslinger or HSWalsh.  If you are planning on more than watch strap and case back removal  . ... then you might wish to invest in a watch repair magnifier with light and more  . .. .  research, research, research . ...  reviews, reviews, reviews  .. .  :thumbsup2:

Edited by Redfire1066
  • Like 1

Krankie
1 minute ago, Redfire1066 said:

@Krankie  I normally buy quality Bergon Springbar Removal Tool and screwdrivers . . .. ..  as for the eye loops  . . ..  I have found the cheaper £10 to £15 as good as any . . .. ... . and there is an abundance to choose from  .. .  try Watchobsession or CousinsUK or Esslinger or HSWalsh.  If you are planning on more than watch strap and case back removal  . ... then you might wish to invest in a watch repair magnifier with light and more  . .. .  research, research, research . ...  reviews, reviews, reviews  .. .  :thumbsup2:

Many thanks for the recommendations, appreciate the help 

• Like 1

APjumbo

Mine are horotec and work pretty well. I think there are fakes out there so be careful. You don’t want to be using fake screwdrivers on your rep. I think mine came from Italy from eBay.

Rubber ball from AliExpress is excellent for opening caseback.

silicone tub thing for lubing caseback o rings 

bausch loupe (4x I think)

I have been meaning to find a Wiha screwdriver for bracelets as I have read that it is really good. 1.8mm  260p

Keep forgetting to buy one.

FudgyDocker

It's not necessarily just the quality of the tools. It's also how adept you are at using them. You can give a monkey a set of Bergeon screwdrivers, but it doesn't mean that it'll be any good at adjusting bracelets or changing straps!

• Like 1

GenTLe
24 minutes ago, Krankie said:

Was looking at these prior to asking for recommendations

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/products/beco-technic-7-piece-watch-screwdriver-box-set

Beko, as like as AF-Switzerland are both good brands. I still use those from the old (not available anymore) kit from this very forum. Probably chinese ones. They do their job too, the most important thing is to properly keep them sharp, see:

zulu44gmt