Ronin

Intro from an Oldtimer on all the other forums

Ronin

Finally, got around to joining here.  I have been in the rep scene for decades... The other RWG has/had been my home forum, but activity there is way down.  I can also be found on RWI & RepGeek.

Handles on other forums are:

Ronin @ rwg.bz
Ronin @ rwg.cc
RoninQ @ Repgeek
Ronin- @ rwi

Looking forward to hanging out here.

Cheers

• Like 3

NCRich

Hi mate, glad to have you here.

BadPickle

Did I read somewhere the other RWG. had been abandoned? 
not seem mikeonabike around for a long time 

NCRich
5 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Did I read somewhere the other RWG. had been abandoned? 
not seem mikeonabike around for a long time 

There was a for sale notice. However the price seemed rather absurd.

Ronin

Edited by Ronin
UX UI issue

Ronin

Correct.  rwg.cc is a ghost town.  There is still a somewhat healthy sales section for "EU" members.  CONUS sales have dropped to almost nothing.  There is still a good brain trust on the watchmaking, technical, Rolex Mod side, and it is still a great archive for such...  The golden years were 2008-2015 +/- (I dropped off around 2016 until the pandemic).  The early 2000's were what I call the "Bytor/Ziggy era" for those that remember those names. Seem like RWI and rwg.cc did a 180 in terms of participation.  Repgeek always had a great FS-Section, but I personally found the forums a bit too chaotic for my liking.

NCRich
4 hours ago, Ronin said:

Correct.  rwg.cc is a ghost town.  There is still a somewhat healthy sales section for "EU" members.  CONUS sales have dropped to almost nothing.  There is still a good brain trust on the watchmaking, technical, Rolex Mod side, and it is still a great archive for such...  The golden years were 2008-2015 +/- (I dropped off around 2016 until the pandemic).  The early 2000's were what I call the "Bytor/Ziggy era" for those that remember those names. Seem like RWI and rwg.cc did a 180 in terms of participation.  Repgeek always had a great FS-Section, but I personally found the forums a bit too chaotic for my liking.

I learned a lot on that board reading when I started this game.  Been a while since I've visited so I went over.  Nice vintage daytona you found.  DW stuff is getting very rare now days.  When I started you could get all you want at prices that now seem absurdly low.  I've got a DW Monte Carlo all modded out.

BadPickle
On 15/01/2023 at 13:47, NCRich said:

There was a for sale notice. However the price seemed rather absurd.

:lol: 

deju
On 16/01/2023 at 09:44, NCRich said:

I've got a DW Monte Carlo all modded out.

robert-downey-jr-iron-man.gif

• Like 1

TA8088
On 16/01/2023 at 00:32, Ronin said:

Good to see you around Ronin. I remember you from back in the day on all three of the forums. I spent a lot of time on all of them and was a mod for a bit on RWI.  Had several nice watches that Ziggy had built. Still have my 113E that I got from  Tutima. 

3h6ZLD.md.jpg

3h6HzJ.md.jpg

Edited by TA8088

trailboss99
On 15/01/2023 at 23:47, NCRich said:

However the price seemed rather absurd.

Completely insane. I would have made him an offer but nothing even close to that and he states he won't come down so I assume he's rather see it die. 

On 15/01/2023 at 19:40, Ronin said:

Finally, got around to joining here.  I have been in the rep scene for decades... The other RWG has/had been my home forum, but activity there is way down.  I can also be found on RWI & RepGeek.

Handles on other forums are:

Ronin @ rwg.bz
Ronin @ rwg.cc
RoninQ @ Repgeek
Ronin- @ rwi

Looking forward to hanging out here.

Cheers

Hey there, long time no see that name. 

GenTLe
On 16/01/2023 at 06:32, Ronin said:

I have to agree. Initially (2015/16) I was quite active too on there, but it was way too much about super expensive modding (both AP and Rolex) than to the more "normal" stuff, hence I gradually detached too and last time I visited, it was land of tumbleweed...