ad9a9

Tag Heuer Movement repair needed

ad9a9

Hi All

i purchased a Ladies tag heuer rep few years back and for some reason it’s never worked. I don’t want to resend to the seller overseas etc would prefer to get it fixed by a good repairer in the UK

Any good repairers people can recommend based in the UK?

thanks 

movintage

Just a guess but perhaps it’s a Quartz. Have you tried replacing the battery?

ad9a9

Yes tried that, but still no luck!

Rx4Time

Can you get a picture of the movement with the case back off? There's really not a whole lot to do with a quartz except for replace the movement, which are usually relatively inexpensive, assuming that we can match up what you have in there with a replacement. It should be a straightforward swap which any watch Smith can do once you obtained the replacement movement

• Like 1

ad9a9
13 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

Can you get a picture of the movement with the case back off? There's really not a whole lot to do with a quartz except for replace the movement, which are usually relatively inexpensive, assuming that we can match up what you have in there with a replacement. It should be a straightforward swap which any watch Smith can do once you obtained the replacement movement

Is this something you can do? I mean fix a replacement? If so could you please ping me a way to contact you. Thanks 

Rx4Time

Personally, no.   I'm not a watchsmith and I'd do more damage then anything to be honest.   I'm just a hobbyist who's been around a lot.   It's a relatively simple swap which any competent watchsmith can do.  Where are you located?   I can offer some direction to a watchsmith to speak with.   

ad9a9
19 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

Personally, no.   I'm not a watchsmith and I'd do more damage then anything to be honest.   I'm just a hobbyist who's been around a lot.   It's a relatively simple swap which any competent watchsmith can do.  Where are you located?   I can offer some direction to a watchsmith to speak with.   

Brighton, thanks much appreciated!

Philiusmaximus

Sometimes.you need to restart a quartz after a bettery replacement. I read that somewhere. Done it myself years ago. Can't remember what you have to do though

Rx4Time

I know the chronograph quartz models you can adjust the counters by having it hacked and pressing the chronograph pusher buttons. I've never heard of having to do anything to restart a dead quartz non-Cronograph though. I would be interested to learn as I do have an old watch from when I was a kid that I tried to put a new battery in a few years back and it wouldn't run anymore. I just assumed it was dead but it would be nice if it actually worked

splke

Wife's longines had a dead ccb so had to replace movement 30 quid at my local smiths gen movement was 65 from cousins 

NCRich
5 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

I know the chronograph quartz models you can adjust the counters by having it hacked and pressing the chronograph pusher buttons. I've never heard of having to do anything to restart a dead quartz non-Cronograph though. I would be interested to learn as I do have an old watch from when I was a kid that I tried to put a new battery in a few years back and it wouldn't run anymore. I just assumed it was dead but it would be nice if it actually worked

Not that many require you to short them after battery replacement.  If the sticker is gone you can just look up the movement and it will tell you if a short is required.  I had a Fossil chrono once that required shorting.  Like this one:

• Like 1