5teve

What a totally shit week

5teve

Started last Saturday evening when my 11 year old springer spaniel was savaged by a bull mastif causing massive trauma to her back leg,currently  at 4K trying to save her leg/life.And the watch related shitness,my son was mugged on Friday evening coming out of the Dorchester in London after attending the David Shepard Wildlife of the year artist.Thankfully he was unharmed and the c***s got a fake Rolex.

Mr_B

What a shit week indeed, hard to see much of a bright side, other than the look on the muggers face when he tries to sell the watch! 

Hope things look up soon for you buddy. 

5teve

Cheers pal.

deju
4 hours ago, 5teve said:

Started last Saturday evening when my 11 year old springer spaniel was savaged by a bull mastif causing massive trauma to her back leg,currently  at 4K trying to save her leg/life.And the watch related shitness,my son was mugged on Friday evening coming out of the Dorchester in London after attending the David Shepard Wildlife of the year artist.Thankfully he was unharmed and the c***s got a fake Rolex.

Gutted for your spaniel, I truly hope everything goes well and her life can continue. 

Lots of the lads on here have dogs and I know we will all keep her in our thoughts and prayers! 

After @Piccolo‘s London adventure i’d not wear a swatch in London, wild west that 

• Like 1

tribefan

Damn @5teve that sucks. Hope all goes well on the pooch front. Since my son brought one in here, I have whole new appreciation for the critters.

I used to stay at the Athenaeum on business a lot and when I lived in London I got my haircut and shirts done in Shepard's Market, which is to say I drank a ton of beer there. That area between Shepard Market and Park Lane can get pretty shady, and lots of places to get lost in if you know where you are going. Sucks you can't even walk out of Park Lane hotel nowadays.

als86

Not a nice story pal thoughts  with u….don’t have a dog or a pet for that matter but can imagine they are part of the family.

It actually grates on me hearing about watch muggings rep or Gen ….the thing that bothers me is u never hear of it during the day it’s always when someone is disadvantaged I.e at night after a good scoop etc . I don’t wear gens on a night out not for that reason right enough but I would love  for someone to try take one off me during the day :stars:

• Like 1

5teve

Thanks for your good wishes,my son is understandably shaken,and Charlie is currently being re stitched up at my vet that has always looked after her as Vets now tried to sting us for another 3.k yesterday.

OLDBLOKE74

There are many good people in this world @5teve. Sorry your family met some of the very  shit ones in such a short space of time. The good guys are thinking of you, your lad and your springer really hoping that you both get through this quickly. I live in London and it is definitely getting worse - the fucking ego maniac mayor has his priorities so arse about it’s unbelievable. 
When I read your post I felt angry…. Now just sad. 
Hang on in there mate - things will get better!

5teve

Cheers fingers crossed,I did get shit on by a bird on Friday,maybe our luck will change for the better.

• Like 1

TanGo

@5teve, I feel for you very much, Steve. 

It is unbearably painful to see your pet suffer. When a person is suffering, they can express their pain, explain where and how they are hurting and the doctor knows the best and most appropriate way to help them. And loved ones can listen to and comfort the sufferer. 

This is not the case with animals. They are silent, but they express their feelings with their eyes. It is very hard to see the pain in the eyes of a beloved pet. I have a dog who is sick and dying right now. And I am suffering with him. I also suffer from the fact that I can't change anything except giving her more love and attention. She's flattered to me, too. I know she will soon be gone and in her place there will be an emptiness that I don't want to replace with another puppy. 

I try to calm myself by thinking about the fact that people are now dying like flies by the thousands around me. Some lose children, some lose a spouse, some lose a parent... When I see the scale of destruction and the victims of the earthquake in Turkey, the war in Ukraine and similar tragedies, I try to think that my tragedy is not as big as others'. It helps not to break down.

I don't want to say that your problems are insignificant. I am trying to comfort you the way I try to comfort myself.

From practical advice, if I may... Have you approached the bulmastiff owner for redress ? Why was such a big dog without a muzzle while walking ? Here, if you walk your dog without a muzzle, you have to pay a fine. Especially if your dog bites someone and causes injury, it's an administrative or even criminal offence and it goes to court.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my regrets to my friend @Theduke.williams on the death of his beloved dog. I am very sorry, my friend. It is difficult for me to comment on such things because I love animals very much. 

• Like 3

5teve

many many thanks for your kind words and thoughts,Charlie is back home tonight after another surgery, and seems happy enough although she's a springer and hard as nails, even though she will be twelve this year.she has been not only the most wonderful family pet over her lifetime but also my gun dog and my mountain bike trail dog on occasion.fingers crossed she makes it through this traumatic ordeal and we are privaliged to spend more time with her.

• Like 5