Abe Fromen

Question to the mods

Abe Fromen

I have a high value watch I want to sell. I know I'm not VIP but that's an easy fix. The issue is my high value watch would exceed the max as stated in the rules. Is that a hard and fast maximum? 

tribefan
1 hour ago, Abe Fromen said:

I have a high value watch I want to sell. I know I'm not VIP but that's an easy fix. The issue is my high value watch would exceed the max as stated in the rules. Is that a hard and fast maximum? 

Not sure what maximum you are referring to. Basically if you are going to post an item for sale as a regular member it has to be under $1000 and if it is close to $1000 we will probably still require HVS approval.

If you are going to post an item over $1000, you need to be VIP AND you need to have HVS approval.

The most I've seen an item posted for was $10,000 and that was questioned and approved by TB mainly because the seller was very well known and personally verifiable.

• Like 1

Mystery Shopper

2. HIGH VALUE SALES: Only VIP/Supporters can post items or concurrent sales of over $1000 in value but they MUST obtain permission from a moderator BEFORE POSTING.

I think if you wish to post a watch priced at more than $1k, you will need to be VIP & have permission of a moderator before setting up the thread. Often, the mods will ask for ID of some sort during the process which is stored during the sale and discarded after. The mod keeps the id- it isn't shared with all staff. This reduces the chance of a HVS going 'bad' as the mod knows exactly who he is dealing with. If you want another HVS down the track, you have to do this again as nothing is 'stored'. I doubt there will be any problems if your HVS is worth more than $1K- I don't think there is an upper limit. Going VIP also allows you to post multiple sales threads if you want to.

Contact trailboss99 for VIP and then contact a mod directly about the sales thread.

• Like 2

trailboss99
7 hours ago, Abe Fromen said:

The issue is my high value watch would exceed the max as stated in the rules.

We don't have one (not sure why you thought we do) but if it's particularly high we will discuss it in the mod area first. 

• Like 1

deju

You have a shiney Charizard Pokémon card?! 

• Like 4

Abe Fromen

Thanks guys. Will contact about VIP... i guess i assumed there was a cap as there is one next door ($6K IIRC??). No worries about ID either. Cheers

tribefan
3 hours ago, deju said:

3IBT9K.jpg

• Like 4

Abe Fromen

LOL sadly no... something from Switzerland that has a mechanical alarm.

CocoLemon
On 14/03/2023 at 05:10, deju said:

Me likey hahaha, Made my day!

processengr
1 hour ago, Abe Fromen said:

LOL sadly no... something from Switzerland that has a mechanical alarm.

Sounds like a Vulcain Cricket....

Abe Fromen
16 hours ago, processengr said:

Sounds like a Vulcain Cricket....

Negative, ghost rider... this has a much more refined alarm that chimes rather than buzzes. 

• Like 1

Philiusmaximus

Mate it would be much easier and quicker to sell it to me under the HVS limit.

I'll await your PM.

Good day

• Like 1

tribefan

mmm, JLC.....

• Like 1

Mystery Shopper

@Abe Fromen you could wait for the next VIP supporters draw to upgrade. I don't think you have to wait the 3 months it takes to fill the draw before listing your world timer. :D

• Like 1

Abe Fromen
1 hour ago, Mystery Shopper said:

@Abe Fromen you could wait for the next VIP supporters draw to upgrade. I don't think you have to wait the 3 months it takes to fill the draw before listing your world timer. :D

Nope