xqwisit23

Lot Purchase from Trusted Dealer

xqwisit23

G'Day Gents,
I've compiled a list of 6 watches I want to start my collection with.  Did some searching over the weekend on this site and online to narrow my choices down.  I will list my choices below, but my question is what (if any) are the advantages/disadvantages of ordering all watches from same trusted dealer (if they have stock or can get their hands on the rep) compared with splitting the order up with a couple other trusted dealers.  My rationale is cutting down on shipping cost ordering from one dealer and also possibly getting a discount (if applicable) but i know I am also taking a risk with regards to quality (possibly).  Any recommendations/insight would be great.  The dealer i've been in talks with has been around a long time.

Rolex DayDate Wimbledon

Breitling Navitimer 41mm

IWC Portuguese Chrono

Panerai Luminor Marina

Cartier Santos De Cartier XL

Tag Carrera Calibre 1887

tribefan

Advantages are getting a better price on the whole lot vs spreading out the love to build more relationships.

Regardless, don't ship all of those watches in one lot from China even if you use the same TD. The amount at risk in one package is much higher, and the likelihood of multiple watches getting inspected is much higher as well. It is just asking for trouble. 

• Like 5

NCRich

What @tribefan said.

I have never shipped more than 3 together, but the dealer can tell you.  Please order from one like Mary or MarvellousReplica if you are doing this.  Not one with the big websites.

• Like 3

sherbert79

My nerves are bad enough with an order for two watches never mind 6, a lot more to lose if that package goes missing or gets stopped at customs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xqwisit23
3 hours ago, NCRich said:

What @tribefan said.

I have never shipped more than 3 together, but the dealer can tell you.  Please order from one like Mary or MarvellousReplica if you are doing this.  Not one with the big websites.

I was in talks with TrustyTime... they seem to have a big website (which i'm hoping is not a drawback as you mention above).  From my readings on here sounds like Andrew has been around for a long time and would be a "trusted" source similar to Mary and Marvellous.  

NCRich
1 hour ago, xqwisit23 said:

I was in talks with TrustyTime... they seem to have a big website (which i'm hoping is not a drawback as you mention above).  From my readings on here sounds like Andrew has been around for a long time and would be a "trusted" source similar to Mary and Marvellous.  

Yeah I would reconsider that. Long time members use others. Big websites are for noobs.

• Like 3

Hot Little Xixi

Knowing a little about how China works I'd spread out the order into multiple orders of no more than two watches per shipment. A bigger, heavier package going to another country may invite more scrutiny. 

I now buy all my reps from a seller in China I met through a close friend there,and she buys from various factories, depending upon the particular watch. I keep the orders limited to two at a time. I also bought six reps from a trusted dealer I found on here but only ordered two at a time. 

I did buy my first rep from one of those big sites I randomly found on the Internet (before finding this site and educating myself) and I got fucked. Really fucked. I got bent over the table and fucked in both holes, then they turned me around and stuck it in my mouth. I asked questions before buying and they lied about at least 8 or 10 things, the most important ones being the movement and waterproofing. I paid something like $30 extra for waterproofing and it turned out the caseback and stem gaskets were dry. Never saw lube. At least they were there... And I paid more for a better movement and it turned out to be the cheapest 2813 I've ever seen, with tight hands that hung up and kept stopping the watch,then it  finally snapped the mainspring and died. So lesson learned and I came here and bought only from a trusted dealer until I made the connection with my friend in China. That's my experience, if it helps.

Edited by Hot Little Xixi
Spelling. English is my second language...
  • Like 2

GingerApple
27 minutes ago, Hot Little Xixi said:

I got bent over the table and fucked in both holes, then they turned me around and stuck it in my mouth. 

:ttiwwop:

• Like 2

splke
53 minutes ago, TheOtherSpareGinger said:

:ttiwwop:

i have a feeling you wouldnt appreciate the pics :lol:

although .....

• Like 3

Hot Little Xixi

I don't want any pictures to remember that experience. I didn't even cum once...

Hot Little Xixi

What's the deal with the TD 's websites here? I'm looking to order a new rep next week and will probably be getting it from Trusty. Their website works flawlessly and they reply quickly to emails. I've ordered a few times before from Torobravo but the last few days their website either takes 10 tries or won't come up at all. I tried to look for the rep I want in Jtime and their website came right up but doesn't work right and won't let you enter the watch you want in their search location. I'm using the links on the trusted dealer listing here. What a fucking nightmare! Why aren't they all working like Trusty's? 

Edited by Hot Little Xixi

GingerApple

Hi Dave (I hope you don't mind me calling you Dave). Anyway Dave, generally speaking there's a feeling that the best websites don't equal the best service round here. A lot of people here will use the slick websites to browse for watches, then just email their favourite TD with the details of their final order. That being said, I've used Trusty loads of times over the years (when I want a new release quickly - they often get access before the smaller dealers get a look in) without issue.

• Like 2

Mystery Shopper

If you buy from a TD you will get your watches. Otherwise why are they on the list? We all have our favorites though which is why different ones have been suggested.

I have only had a max of 2 sent at once  & never had a problem.

Talk to your chosen TD about shipment options, they have experience in what works.