Sign in to follow this  
NH_Vintage

Roadster stops whilst on the wrist.

NH_Vintage

Picked up a fairly cheap rep of the Cartier Roadster the other week just for something different. On the first day of wear I simply thought this shitter is running spectacularly slow, got home, de magnetised the watch set it, wound it and left it for a solid 24hours in which time it never missed a beat! Fast forward and once on the wrist I realise it isn't running slow but the hands are physically stopping then 'jumping back to life' once off my wrist.

Thinking the rotor could be catching? But opinions from people with far more experience than me would be highly welcomed.

TIA

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

tribefan

I have that problem with a cheap 2813 Tudor rep and I found it was the case itself. I swapped movements, dials and plastic retainer rings and it was always the same thing, runs fine on the timegrapher, but wear it for a while and it intermittently stops running. This was a cheap ali watch originally. 

NH_Vintage
I have that problem with a cheap 2813 Tudor rep and I found it was the case itself. I swapped movements, dials and plastic retainer rings and it was always the same thing, runs fine on the timegrapher, but wear it for a while and it intermittently stops running. This was a cheap ali watch originally. 
You could be on to something there, the Cartier Roadster has quite a slim albeit bizarre case shape (plus I did notice a caseback scree missing) this was a DH pick up so no huge loss.

When I finish work I'll open it up and see what beats inside.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

NCRich

Sometimes the sec hand can catch on the crystal when wearing. It’s hard to say what from the description. 

• Like 1