Pesman

RWG Scammers and PP F&F thoughts?

tribefan
16 minutes ago, Essex_Loupe said:

I'm glad I'm not the only person that notices the dramatically marked up M2M watches over there, not only the frankens but readily avaliable pieces. I often wonder why these 'pre owned' watches sell so quickly at atleast retail or over???

No customs hassle.

Left Coast Guy

Back in the day, the joke about RepGeek used to be the phantom "mods" people would claim, like re-centered datewheel or polished pushers, etc, and I have to say RWI sales board has given me that vibe lately. Everything is a franken, modded, Viet-whatever, and none of it really looks that special. Just sorta feel like the hobby is spinning out of control when you're talking about rep with $2,500+ in gen parts or extra mods. 

I've not been burned, but when I sell over there my policy is to demand F&F for anyone under 1,000 posts.  If they don't want to thats fine,  I don't mind not selling if that's what it comes to. 

• Like 2

Theduke.williams

I have been a member on both sites for something like 14 years,  but  only felt comfortable on RWG, so I  made this my home.

I've had loads of dealings with many members here, and it's fair to say that I've become good friends with many of them. 

It always feels better when you deal with a friend and I  enjoy the friendship this site gives. 

RWI just feels a bit antiseptic by comparison. 

• Like 4

APjumbo

I use both forums and have had no problems yet.

Bought several pieces from here that seemed a bit risky and they all worked out. In fact I generally find more of the rare stuff on here as there arn’t as many buyers snatching things up so quickly.

Repgeek is the only place I have purchased where it was not as described, I just sucked up the loss.

Repgeek seems the most risky of the three, I’m in the middle of a deal there that could easily go south,  fingers crossed.

All around, I find buying and selling here the easiest and least stressful.

• Like 2

Philiusmaximus

Yep. Only issue I've had was on repgeek. I never go there now. Don't like the layout and don't get a good vibe. So unfortunately that means I'm here more often to annoy you good folk

• Like 1

BadPickle

Is RG still a thing?  I was banned years ago for something I said which upset a member who actually turned out to be a robbing thieving twat all along like I said in the first place :lol: 

happy days @wimpie007 :) 

• Like 1

Left Coast Guy
On 17/06/2023 at 04:25, pickledbeetroot said:

Is RG still a thing?  I was banned years ago for something I said which upset a member who actually turned out to be a robbing thieving twat all along like I said in the first place :lol: 

happy days @wimpie007 :) 

Yeah, some of the mods over there were just bad people. Forget his name, but there was some ex-military blowhard that used to come around here now and then, and guy was just a total toolbag. Think someone called him out on some stolen valor stuff.....then he never came back again...